What was the nastiest way someone has broken up with you?

When I was 15, a boy who I had been with for about 6 months gathered as many people as possible and publicly dumped me. He and three of his friends all worked together to make me feel as miserable as possible. He had bragged about doing a similar thing to a girl before but because I was so young I didn't take it was a warning sign.

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend cheated on me and I caught her in the act, she blamed me for cheating and was yelling like crazy and then stated spreading rumors to people that I was a bad boyfriend and was very controlling and had anger issues etc, she broke up with me, basically I got cast as a jerk and bad guy and had guys telling me they wanted to fight me and girls saying I'm scum, pretty much ironically the guy she was banging happened to be an asshole and woman beater who has been in trouble with the Law so after all this I blocked her contact info and moved somewhere else, it's been 5 years and haven't looked back since, I never expected her to be this way she really was a nice girl, she was nice to everybody and volunteered and got good grades in college, never expected this at all, I literally helped this girl and thought she was the one, nice dinners, trips, and I made sure to do the little things like buying roses etc anyways I'm still looking for abother female companion though to spend my life with but that incident really messed me up a little and I haven't really interacted with females due to fear besides clerks or cashiers and my mother of course lol, but yea that's my story. .

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow that's harsh. When I was 15, I was with a guy for 9 months. I was really head over heels for him. I thought things were going great. was waiting for him to come and see me. 1 hour later.. Nothing.. 2 hours later.. Nothing 3 hours later the phone call actually went through. He told me he was at school in the library studying.. With a girl. He said I shouldn't call him. He hung up. I called him again and he said that his now going out with the girl his studying with (could hear her giggling in the background) he told me we shouldn't be together anymore. When he hung up I could hear the girl say Byeeeee. Yeah totally unpleasant but whatever. He came back to reconcile with me and "wanted to work things out" Months after. I had no interest.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 14

• Most popular gal in 7th grade was all over me but really wanted me to break parents' rules about sex. Even double dated with her girlfriend whose boyfriend was all over her to demonstrate what she wanted. I drew the line.
    I'm invited to house of best friend for his Bday, invitation read bring date but "popular gal" is MY date = news to me. Showed up sans date and sure enough they were tight and often in the dark back yard doing...
    Left early, next day got a record of "Hit the Road Jack". So it was public and I was now not one of the popular, an outcast. This school became very homophobic, so did that play a part as well? False rumors?
    boyfriend also previously had unwittingly participated in a public humiliation designed by my popular nemesis, an outcast from our back yard parties for breaking parents' safety rules. Perhaps nemesis urged these sexual urges along?

A few years later, the ex+BF couple continued but were fighting so much, once they were forced to leave class. Turns out rumors said she was pregnant and didn't know what to do about it - neither did he, "poor" family so was always mad, chip on shoulder.

She never married, he became small oil town lawyer & married.

I escaped many bullets that night, glad to be free of ALL of them!
    Found a photo of her when older, yet another bullet missed.

• Hopefully you gathered as many people as possible and read out a list of embarrassing things about HIM>

• oh I did I told ALL my female and male friends that he was terrible in bed and he has small penis, by the way he was the very first guy I slept with, he never popped my cherry.

• I knew a giy who did the same thing to a few different girls funny thing was he never ran out of girlfriends, young girls are so stupid at that age and often when they get older as they go for the type of guys again and again only to get burned which is insane. Though he was a douche I learned a lot about girls from him from what he said and just by watching how he interacted with them.
    I have never been dumped but one of the worst I was treated was by a manhatten career woman looking for a future husband, she had three other guys on the dating hook like it was normal and acceptable though we'd been dating and sleeping with each other for three months. Kicked to the curb straight away.
    My most devastating break up was after a girlfriend who had forgotten her contraception bar was out of date had an abortion because she wasn't ready for a kid couldn't look at her after that.

• Her ex boyfriend got into a bad car accident (no, seriously... he really did) and insisted on moving in with her while he recovered. His name was on the lease -- she couldn't do anything about it.

I told her she could give me a call once he moved out, and we'd see if we could pick things back up.

I also told her that she needn't call me if something happened between her and her ex while he was living with her. And of course, I never heard from her again. lol

• What a fucking dick. Mine was pretty tough too. She told me it was over and went to this other jock guy in front of me and kissed him. Nothing I could do. Then she told the high school I was a bad kisser. That got around and that was the end of my high school love life.

• OMG! thats soo horrible. and yet girls keep going for those jerks. but whatever, you girls seem to like it. and if you didn't like it, you would go for the real nice guys in the first place, but girls ignore them and humiliate them in the same way too.

• I have come across stories where people inflict injuries on you and put you out of the house in the night. Some people rob their partners of their property and children. Some even try to murder you. Some people just push you in the river and let you to die. This world can get really cruel. People go to any extent. Some of us are lucky to escape with only a simple break up. At least think good that you can stand back on your feet and start a new life.

• Wow. I am grateful.

I've been dumped, but always with humanity and respect.

• By cheating on me?

• Through a text message while I was in the hospital. I got her back a few years later though.

• In what way did you get her back?

• About 5 years after she broke up with me she contacted me on Facebook. She had a child and she was divorced and kept inviting me to go places with her. At first I just ignored her because I didn't trust her and she basically wanted me to take care of the child of the man she left me for.

But then I decided she needed to be hurt by me. So I told her I would date her we went out on a few dates. I was very kind to her I fake dated her for about 3 months. I even told her I would be a father to her child. I really went out on a whim and everything I told her was a lie.

I even told her I was thinking about proposing to her. I told her to start planning the wedding she started looking at dresses and venues to get married. Then I broke up with her in a text message. She basically did all that to me so she deserved it.

• They haven't. I've never even had a relationship. I'm far too ugly to get to that stage.

• On Christmas. By text. Two words: we're done

• Just sending a text saying we should break up

• She just broke off all contact and disappeared. About a month later she got a mutual friend to tell me she didn't think it had been working out. Then when I started seeing someone else she turned back up and acted as if nothing had happened and I was cheating on her.

What Girls Said 9

• This is my friend's fiance's story. Basically he was living with her and she broke up with him by just moving out. He had no idea something was wrong between them and now he's pretty clingy whenever him & my friend argue.
    Had another friend who broke up with her fiance of 5 years over facebook. He is such a nice guy and her behaviour was disgusting, so I dropped her as friend.

• My boyfriend a long time ago thought I was cheating, convinced a bunch of our friends and my own mother. They all got together to confront me about it, and no one believed me. He must have been cheating on me and using drugs to be that diabolical. I'm no longer friends with those people and I will never forgive my mother for siding with him.

• I told my first boyfriends best friend that he was abusing me so when his friend presse him about the abuse he dumped me over the phone while he was at a party. I don't give a shit now. At least I got away from the abuse. You'll get over it (:

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm screaming. My worst break up a guy broke up wth me a week before my birthday. The breaks up wasn't bad but the timing was.

• I always do the dumping... But i've not done it in a horrible way ever. .

• Telling me God didn't want him to have a girlfriend... especially an atheist one. Rude

• My Ex cheated on me 4days before Valentine's Day with a girl I knew very well, later on he cheated on her too with a high schooler πŸΈβ˜•

• My ex boyfriend broke up with me over text.

• Why would he do such a thing?