He said he would burn my house down?

I recently broke up with my live-in partner of fifteen years. He was verbally abusive on a massive scale. I couldn't do anything right. I was constantly walking on eggshells in fear of making him angry. He told me that if I threw him out he would burn my house down. So I changed the locks and packed as much of his stuff as I could before he got back from work. I sent him a text that it was over. He asked if I was joking. I hid in the house while he took his stuff. He kept shooting dirty looks towards the house. He texted a list of things he wanted. I texted him okay I would have them for him the next day. He never showed up to get them. He turned his phone off and I can't reach him. I have no idea where he is. I haven't heard one word or seen him. I asked one of his friends to ask him to text me when he would come for his stuff. Still nothing. I'm wondering what is going on. Is he plotting something? Does he just think I'm going to take him back (not ever!!!)? Why won't he come for his belongings? Should I be worried for my safety?

Most Helpful Guy

• 15 years is a long time you might want to have family stay for the next month

• This is right out of a movie

• But I have to leave the house. Work, etc.

• Just be ready

Most Helpful Girl

• What an awful human being he is! 😱

Personally, I wouldn't allow him to collect his belongings without a Law Enforcement Officer there. Considering his threat and past behaviour you should be concerned. He's obviously unstable , so he's capable of anything , especially if he's in a rage.

I'd seek legal advice.

What Guys Said 2

• Report him to the authorities and/or have a restraining order as well

• I talked to the police. The officer said he couldn't do anything because he didn't hear him say it personally. He said if my ex was standing outside my house with a gas can and a box of matches saying he was going to burn my house down, then he could do something.

• Of course they want someone to get hurt first before taking an action... sigh..

• The officer also told me I couldn't just throw him out ( I talked to him beforehand) even though it's my house and I was being threatened. He said if my ex wouldn't leave willingly I would have to go to court and get an eviction. I did it anyways.

• Yes gag that's a great idea come and burn my house really seriously.

• You never know what goes on inside of a person's head. Until you read about it in the paper.

• You're the dumb one. I asked a serious question and you're being a jerk. Are the two of you in cahoots?

• What

What Girls Said 1

• Tell the police now!!!

• See above.

• The only thing above is your question.
      Okay ouch. Good luck op

• Okay look below then. I'm directionally challenged. Haha