Reaching out to my ex? Bad or good idea?

My ex & I broke up 10 mths ago. I love this guy & need to reach out to him. He has me blocked so I can't contact him. We dated for 3 years & I know he loves me. I broke his heart. Would it be too much if I posted a collage of our pics on instagram & added this as a caption? "I'm not so sure where to start. Nobody knows us like you & I do so no one will understand & no one needs to. But even though this guy right here can't see this, I just felt the need to get this all off my chest. No matter how much time goes by, no matter how many times I try, I will never replace my first love. From the ups, to the downs, to the mountains, to the cities, I will always love you. You may or may not feel the same & I am not in your life anymore but to me, you'll always be in my heart. I was friends with you & known you since I was 13 years old. I always crushed on you & you knew it too. We became close & seeing you go away to placement for awhile killed me. We distanced but I knew you'd be back, you always came back. You visited me on 12/28/13 & since then I knew we were going to be something great. You finally asked me to be yours on midnight of new years that week. It was the best day of my life, I waited for that day forever. 3 years later & we became family. You were everything to me. The reason I woke up in the morning w/ a smile on my face, the reason I went through my day feeling secure, the reason I came home from school looking forward to something, the reason I slept at night without doubts. You were my purpose. As time kept going by, things began to get rocky. We both needed different things and had different outlooks. We grew up & got sent on different paths. I'm hoping one day our paths will cross again but until then, I just want you to know, I'll always love you. I know you're not the same guy I once knew, but always know, I will always be here for you. Thank you for the memories and helping me become the girl I am today.

22

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Bad idea, i did the same, tried to reach out to my ex... I thought i would never find someone as great but omg i found the most perfect guy ever and im so happy now:) i just look back and laugh

What Guys Said 1

• Why you broke up?

• I broke up with him because I needed time to get my life together. I asked for a break, time so I could do this because we saw each other everyday. But he got mad cause he loved seeing me everyday so I figured the easiest way to handle this without a fight was to break it off completely and see where it goes later

What Girls Said 1

• It isn't worth it! You are better and more mature!!