What do I do about this:(?

I'm Jewish, and my boyfriend I just found out is Muslim. Now he said him and his family don't hate other religions, and I don't hate his. But there is this part of me that keeps thinking it's wrong now for dating him because he's Muslim. And it's bugging me, someone please tell me why it is, and if I should not let it bug me at all

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you have to talk to him about this thing in your heart , after all that guy you love him and that's a problem you get over it by talking
    And hun you just found a Muslim who agrees on dating you as he's open minded , I think don't listen to "irrational " thoughts in your mind
    If the only thing that makes you think about it because he's a Muslim? Only because he's a Muslim then you seriously need help

• Thank you! The only person who has made sense

• Thank you🙂

• You're welcome gorgeous 😄

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why it would bug you. You both believe in the same God. As long as neither one of you are pushing religious ideals on the other there's no problem.

What Guys Said 5

• Follow your heart and keep dating him.

• You feel it's wrong because you've been acculturated to feel that way. Doesn't make it right.

• You love someone for who he is. I'd this is holding you back do him a favor and break up with him. He deserves better than someone who dislikes him bc of what he believes. Has he ever treated you wrongly? Has he treated you any differently than a Hindu, Atheist, or Christian would?

• No, never. And I don't hate him for who he is. Never, I do love him for who he is, but him and I are just thinking about my parents. Even though I told him, I love him enough to say screw what my parents think

• And to people saying Muslims hate Jews... I'm a Muslim and sees Jews as everyone else. They're great people and I find a lot of similarities between Islam and Judaism. Unfortunately, it's Arabs that don't like Jews bc if Palestine. I'm not Arab, and would never hate an entire religion based off of the actions of a few

• Thank you

• your religion and his religion have equal amounts of bullshit
    so you're fine

do yourself a favour. question everything.

• im jewish

i dont care what religion you are, but just know that i fully support israel and what it's doing

• So, maybe I should say that to him, because I support Israel. Exactly what you said

• well, i mean, if you believe politics is a good thing to bring up in a relationship

What Girls Said 2

• It bugs you because that's how you've been programmed. You can make a choice here.. Just decide which path you agree with.

• Personally, I would not date a Muslim. Regardless of whether they are practising or not. Muslims hate Jews and you will always have that small feeling about it. Plus in my opinion muslim guys are quite aggressive. Plus they are not western in their thinking about women's rights.

• But he is, and he's been raised to now hate any religion at all. It's just me on my feeling because of how I was raised

• Listen to her op 1.6 billion person are agressive

• Well, I know it can be really difficult, especially if you're young. Dating is full of heartache, pain, love and happiness... and I can't decide for you what to do. But, if I had a daughter I would honestly say not to date a muslim, because as I said, they are aggressive and the religion is very aggressive too and anti-Jewish.