Guys, Is it typical for a male to seem angry and act angry instead of show other emotions like sadness?

Women and men are so different, I am trying to figure out if sometimes guys act angry instead of showing other emotions...

Most Helpful Guy

• Anger is a secondary emotion.. So they have to become first sad, embarrassed, jealous hurt then they get mad. You can never just be angry it's something that made you feel a certain way that makes your anger speak

What Guys Said 11

• yes I would say it's very normal. just the way we are wired I guess

• Men usually display anger when one challenges them, or upsets them

Anger can also be used as tool to be left alone.
    Let's say I see my high school sweetheart and she starts chatting about her new life etc etc
    I might display anger to get her to leave me alone.

• My story is complicated, but this person I have known many years, he was never upset or angry person. But we are both married, can't be together, after we met for the last time, he said he couldn't do it, it was too emotional for him... I think he might have loved me, I know I love him, but he of course made the right choice, he had to be with his family, as do I. I wanted to just remain in contact, but when I asked him if I could just check on him a couple of times a year, he got angry, told me it would always end badly, he wasn't going to respond to me any more, broke my heart!!! All I want is to know how he is once in ahwile, I can stay in contact, and it not bother me, but he appeared angry, so I was just wandering if it was purposeful towards me to get me to go away...

• Ideally you would both divorce your partners and live together and remarry

• Maybe, but we don't live in a perfect world, and I know we both also love our families beyond measure, it us just that I know I am in love with him, just wish I knew if he felt the same for sure. If I knew that, then I would go on, and be okay in that comfort like you said, but the reason I wanted to reach out one more time, was to try to talk while we were calm months later, he was so angry last time and hurt me so bad, but also at the same time dont want to open myself up for more hut!

• I don't know if I'd day normal. I don't hide my sadness behind anger. How is that doing anyone any favors?

• I feel this way sometimes. It's like I shut down mentally when I get angry or embarrassed or something to that nature. That's the cause but how do I deal with it from happening again? Well I don't know I'm a guy!!

• Just trying to figure out someone who was special to me at one time. It is obviously a male. Our last phone conversation started out ok, we were actually ending (what was a 5 year affair ) we have known each other for 34 years. We are both married, and we both knew it was time, and it wasn't going anywhere, but he was never an angry person... Towards the end of the conversation, he just sort of snapped, said he wouldn't respond to me if I reached out again, he seemed angry ( he doesn't get angry typically) so I guess I am just trying to figure out all these months later if he really has a reason to be mad, or was he actually trying to hide another feeling? I can't ask him because he won't respond to me! Thanks

• Yea it could be a mask to hide his true feelings. People sometimes have the tendicy to break someone's heart to ease the pain so they can move on. It doesn't make much sense but hey we're only men. it's all we no it's how we deal with our problems. Lol

• That is what someone else told me too, I have been wanting to break our No Contact just to ask him after all these months, but I guess really there is no point. Just because we knew each other since Jr. High, I was at least wanting to be on good terms in life... it bothers me so much, and I know it shouldn't, we are worlds apart, but when you care...

• Oh that's perfectly normal in a male. That's how we deal with our emotions. We get juiced up bro!

• It's not typical for men to do anything. Contrary to what nearly all women seem to think, men are humans and individuals and all behave and think differently and independently to each other. If women spent more time realising this and less time reading stupid books and articles about "what men like" etc, you would understand us a lot better.

• I don't read books and articles, I just ask other people who go through shit... and there are plenty of studies that Men are Different from Women when it comes to showing emotion. I fully am aware that men are individuals thank you and just so you know, realizing is spelled with a Z!!!

• Heey, i just want to tell you that u seem very nice and beautiful lady:)
    i wish we could go on a date :)

• Thank you, sorry you are way too young for me, but I appreciate it very much, and I always try to be nice!

• Okay so I went and requested to follow you

• thank you

• It's more culturally accepted for men to express anger than other negative emotions.

• Thanks, just wandered this man is someone I cared about deeply thought he cared about me, but we are both married, he was always so kind, but when talking to me one day a few months ago, he just lashed out of the blue, but I was thinking it was more of his hurt than anger, but couldn't figure him out, haven't talked with him since...

• Well while some guys have learned to do that, just like some women learn to be passive aggressive, it doesn't make it 'okay'

• If they're acting angry they're probably angry. Crazy idea, I know.
    Doesn't mean there aren't other emotions mixed in there.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more