Money the root of all evil? Is this true?

I'm surrounded by money problems issue... Or people who have so much money all I think about is how I don't have enough. I feel so selfish and so ungreatful and I feel like I'm never going to be successful!!! Compared to someone who has nothing I'm doing okay and I should be humble but I'm not in unhappy!!! This all started with my ex he is filthy rich cause of his dad he said I wasn't good enough I have a bad degree and a bad job and he is doing better than me. I just want to run away and feel some peace! I am losing my mind I kind seem to relax Iv lost weight I don't eat!!! I can't focus all I think about is how am I going to make money quickly am I going to make it will I succeeded or will I fail in life. My ex is now dating a really rich girl but she's soooooo ugly looking and has been around. Something that he told me he hated and he controlled me for sooo long cause he was insecure! I doubted myself he was the only person I had been with first boyfriend and sexually now I can't move on and I'm so unhappy!!! I hate my life I hate everything! Pleas someone help me with some advice it's 4am and Iv been up all night just want to cry

410

Most Helpful Guy

• Your quote is wrong. It's the "love" of money that's the root of all evil. This said because of greed, lust, and envy is the driving point.

Your life is not all a mess. You're doing fine as you are. If you can pay your bills, pay for your needs and still keep your head above water, you're doing fine. As for rich, that's all relative. Your ex may have a lot of money but his attitude, his treatment of you, all. point to him being a little person. A VERY small individual who is excessively poor in judgement, poor in his life, and will amount to little after his parents pass on.

It's not what physical objects you have that make you rich. In the end, you cannot take any of that "stuff" with you. You will however be rich, if your personality is caring and thoughtful of others.

Take one day at a time. You don't seem like a quitter. You're just fine. Money is simply one of the tools needed to obtain things you need to live. You're fine. Let time work for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your ex is ONLY rich becuase of his dad. Otherwise, he would be average like everybody else. It's not his money. It's not his effort or his hard work that got him to where he is now. It's all coming from daddy. So, your ex has no idea what hard work is, becuase he's mooching off somebody else. So, in a way, he's NOT rich. He's living off the mercy of his dad. When you look it that way, it's so unfair of him to say that you're not good enough. He has no idea what he's talking about.

As far as the girl he's dating, try not to sink to that level of insulting her looks. There's nothing about her to suggest that she's better, and there's nothing about you to suggest you're any better as well. Don't mind who he dates, and don't pay any attention to him, because he's already moved on, and you should do the same.

As for as making enough money, I can relate. I really can. Not everybody in this world who works really hard makes enough money to truly be comfortable. Instead, it's paycheck to paycheck without really feeling like you're getting ahead of that.

Some things I can advise is to try to be smart with your money. Go for sales when they're available at grocery stores. Do overtime. Look into getting a different job, or see about moving to a better location. Create something fun and then sell it, like charm bracelets or necklaces. OR, make some bath bombs with essential oils and decorate the bath bombs. Women LOVE bath bombs. Be creative. If you have a crappy degree, get a better one. Life is all about the choices we make. So, look into investing in your future, even if it takes a couple of years.

Yes, money can get you things to make life so much easier. But money shouldn't be all about who you are, becuase there's more to you and life than how much you earn.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 9

• I disagree.

What about a serial killer who tortures and kills their victims?

Surely thats considered evil, but there is no money involved.

Personally, I think a lack of empathy is the root of all evil. That's more of a common denominator in my opinion.

• The quote is wrong - it's "The Love of Money is The Root of All Evil". Money itself isn't the problem it's GREED and never being satisfied that causes issues

• They say money is the root all evil, I say money is the route of all people

• The root of all evil are my god-aweful jokes. If money were the root of all evil, I would have money growing from my feet

• Evil is subjective and economic transactions force people to be decent people to eachother so no its pretty much the root of all good.

• humans are the root of all evil

• Humans are the root of all evil. Money brings order to it

• A lack of money is a root of all evil.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think so because if it is the women are evil.
    img01.deviantart.net/.../...il_by_grammaton485.jpg

• Yes, but for the love of money is the root of all evil because of lust and the other sin that comes with it. People will do ANYTHING for Money because the reality is money rules the world. You aren't really limited to anything without that cash. But the quote is all wrong though. Its for the love of it like @enis_Penvy stated.

Overall yes, it becomes evil by what we use money for. You kill for money, people rape for money, they steal, buy slaves, make people into slaves, become greedy to get rich, gain empire, women, etc. But again, its what you decide to do with it.

• Everyone needs money to survive in life. I don't think it's the root of "ALL"evil. Althongh money doesn't take away your problems , it just changes them... I'd still rather be rich than poor, or even than struggling financially.

I've no idea how you'd make a lot of money quickly.

It's not money you need right now , it's time. Only time will help you to heal and move on