What will you do if you bump into your ex?

Coming out of a relationship is tough. But just when you have done so, what if you bump into your ex?

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends which ex and how did our relationship end. It happened once and I just pretended like he wasn't there.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• I have. She said "hi" and I replied "fuck you"

• I've posted about two exes on here. X#1 is the one I'm referring to in my thread titled "Subtle signs my X wants me back?" X#2 is far more toxic than X#1. I would try my best not to acknowledge X#2 because she doesn't wanna take responsibility for her role in the failure of our relationship. She puts ALL the blame on ME. I'll take a maximum of 80% of the blame because my autistic quirks are revolting to most people and are the result of my inexperience in romance. But I will constantly deflect at least 20% of the blame back to her because she was verbally abusive in texts to me during our final month together. We were also spending ALL of our time in our program facility where she insisted on hiding our relationship from EVERYONE, even our most trusted mutual friend which was completely ridiculous. I would have been comfortable with people knowing we were having a relationship. She wasn't. She must take responsibility for her preferences!

• Greet them, ask them how are they and then move on with my day. They may be an ex but they were none the less a person I used to care about. It's only proper that I at least enquire about their well being.

• true but i also think sometimes when people break up on bitter note, it is just not possible to ask whether they are ok or not. But yes, I like your approach.

• Nothing's impossible unless one side completely despises the other.

• I make sure that we don't cross paths because she's the last person I'd want to bump into lol 😝

• i doubt she would recognize me.

• I wouldn't!! I personally venture very far out of my way to make sure that I don't lol.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't usually acknowledge them. I just go about my business. I currently live in my hometown where I grew up. My ex lives there too. I do see him from time to time, out with his new girlfriend.

My ex cheated on me, but wouldn't own up to it, even though it was pretty obvious. So I had to leave him because I couldn't be with someone like that.

It definitely hurts, seeing him out there with a new girl. While I am perpetually single. But there's not much I can do. I just have to be strong and move forward in my life.

I do my best when I do see them, to just keep moving. I don't stand around and stare or anything. I've been told he stares at me. But I don't say anything to him. I do my best to talk to a person I'm with or someone nearby, or just get the heck out of their sight.

If they do talk to you. Keep the conversation light and short.

• Say hi, ask them how they're going.
    I've ended all my relationships on fairly good terms, even if we needed a breather for a little bit.

• I'd be polite and say hello then gtfot. Most of my relationships ended okay.