How to know when it's best to end a long distance relationship 😔😢?

Thanks for responses. I'm going to end it.

Most Helpful Guy

• When you feel that your emotions are fading. When you feel like it's time to move on because the relationship has ran it's course and although sad it may be the waiting is just to much. Understand it's not about caring less or not wanting the best for the one your with because I'm sure you do; its about knowing that you have to keep moving forward in your own life and knowing that being so far away isn't working. Sure it's good to fight the good fight and try your hardest to make things work but the reality is if you've tried and for what ever reason you know inside that you can keep going anymore the way you are going; thats when the reality needs to be met and reality says that, that is when it's best to move on rather than stay in a situation that you don't like. It's not that you're selfish it's that your dealing with your reality because your reality says that you need to move on because you not happy now. Your current situation is common and many people struggle with when it may be time to move on. Just keep in mind your not leaving because something bad happened your moving on because both of your lives and lifestyle's have grown apart and although you will love your ex as someone you once cherished and as a friend the distance and time apart has made you just that to one another "distant friends" no longer a relationship. You both need to move on and except that reality and hopefully either reconnect in the distant future or find someone who has a life that will connect well with yours and in that find new love. The hard part is moving on because one often feels as if one is giving up but the reality is that you aren't you're just moving forward and dealing with your own reality. Let those words be known to him or her and let them know how you feel and why you feel the way you do they may get upset but just let them know that it's time and how much he mean to you and give yourself time to recover after you talk to him or her. It will be hard at first to move on but hold tight the good memories and when your ready serch for new love. Till then take time to be strong in yourself and have no guilt nor feel sad for moving forward in life. I wish you luck dear and may you find happiness in what ever the future may hold for you.

• I appreciate your advice very much!, thank you. It's help me put things into perspective

• Your very welcome and good luck dear it's hard to move forward sometimes but I have faith that you will be fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Do you feel you're the only one initiating contact?
    2) Do you feel like you may be annoying him because you're contacting him so much and he's not contacting you?
    3) Are you sad more days than you're happy?
    4) Does he make time each day to every other day to contact you?
    5) Is he making you feeling too clingy?
    6) Is he becoming distant?
    7) Did y'all used to talk a lot more often than you do now?
    8) Can you see a future with him, honestly?

• Thank you so much! I answered yes to all 7 😰

• Most of my relationships have been long distant. I had answered yes to all of these questions before too, but I never talked to them about it. I always let I go and because I didn't talk to them about it, we eventually broke up. The being the one to dump me.

• Thank you for MHO! I'm so sorry though 😥 if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here ❤️

What Guys Said 9

• I think you just know when to end it. Its not going well one is distant. And I'm gonna bet this is the same pink anon who asked about how to know if someone is cheating in a long distance relationship. If so I think your gut is telling you something is up. Which why else would you be asking these questions?

• When he or she isn't putting the same amount of effort into it as you are.

• If it feels one sided and it's going nowhere

• Well, you say that the person you're with isn't making much of an effort anymore~

Have you tried talking to him/her, and telling them that you feel that that's the case? Talking about it is the only thing TO do when it's long-distance.

• I did, but the only response I got was that he still feels the same for me. His behaviour doesn't show that anymore though 😔

• Then bring it up with him again and tell him that what he says doesn't coincide with what he actually does. A similar thing was happening with me in a relationship that I just got out of, also long-distance, and I had to end contact with her because she was doing the exact same to me.

• How to know when it's best to end a long distance relationship?

When your cell phone carrier and internet service both quit on you. Snail mail is just too slow for sexting. :p

Just my opinion

• You should end when the last child support check clears.

• because iam at the point of trying to build a long distance relationship here's my opinion. distance relationships are made to last.. if its no your hand make that relationship last

• What's if you feel the other person is not making as much effort anymore? 😓

• you know the girl i need rejects me for 3 years.. i dont give up and its amazing when she once in a year smiles me.. dont give up and i promise you things will be better

• johnbrks, you are "building a long distance relationship" with someone who has rejected you for three years? Because she smiles at you once a year?

• When you really can end it

• before it starts if you can! chances of it working out are immensely slim. and being in a long distance relationship is less than fun.

i was in one (600 miles, different countries) and i got lucky (married now), but i would NEVER do this again, should it come to that

What Girls Said 4

• If he doesn't put enough effort on it, I'd say forget about it. I'm sure there will be a better guy for you.

• I was in a long distance relationship once- we were older and able to communicate a lot, but it sucks, and hardly ever works long term!

• when the cons outweigh the pros

• I just ended a 4 year long distance relationship. We had never met but that wasn't a problem for us (yes it sucked but it didn't stop us from falling in love). It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I realized I was being emotionally abused and manipulated. Things weren't right. I was putting in all the effort. It was a one sided relationship. Although we both said "I love you" I knew I was the only one who truly meant it. I realized it was time to end it when that happened. I realized that she was ok not talking to me. I realized that she didn't really want to be the relationship anymore. She had become distant. I realized it was time to end it when I felt more pain being in the relationship than I did happiness. If you're feeling the same thing, then it's time to end it.