Why is it so easy for guys to move on after a break up?

me and my boyfriend broke up two weeks ago and the day after we broke up he was back with my bestfriend cat like wtf i don't understand it because we were fine the week before

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I got dumped by my ex (whom I still keep in touch with) when I fully wanted to stay in the relationship with her, but she wouldn't budge. I haven't fully gotten over her, and every time we talk, I have a desire (that's sometimes very painful for me) to tell her that I love her, that she should regret her decision, that all I want to do is love her like I used to just a few months ago.

Like someone's already said, what you say isn't true for every guy, just like it isn't true for every girl. We're all different.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• Easy? Move on? Hahahahahahaaaaa!!!
    I can't even begin to fathom the words. I still love her. Get emotionally unstable when certain songs come on, or tv shows with happy, very in love couples. Trying desperately to not look at old pics of us. Feeling like your hearts melting and wondering constantly if you can "fix" things or not knowing what to do.

It's not easy for every guy, trust me mate.

• is it?

i am still devastated nearly 5 years on

• are you kidding right?

• hun lol
    you went out with an ass that's on you

What Girls Said 3

• Either:
    A. He doesn't care, and you weren't as close as you thought.
    B. He did/does care but is hiding it.
    C. He thinks he's fine right now, but give it a little time and he will be having a really hard time with things. Guys process things differently.

I'm not sure how to post a picture, but if you google "guys vs girls after breakup" it's super accurate. Right after, the girl grieves but the guy celebrates. After about a week, the girl starts to feel better, but the guy starts to feel a bit worse. And then after a month, the girl is off having fun and feeling better while the guy is finally grieving.

• It's either a rebound relationship or he didn't really care about you after all

• I had a friend who went through that. Her boyfriend broke up with her, and then a week later he was with my other friend. 😅
    Boys can be immature sometimes. Just don't let it get to you. Get another man. There is an ocean full of them. 😊

• ik but the one i want i lost a long time ago to the army and I don't know maybe i am looking for his kind of personality and i just can't find it

• Don't worry, you will find a man. Just be patient. :)