How do I move on?

This guy and I broke up almost two months ago. We were still talking heavily after breaking up until he said he doesn't want to commit to anything or anyone just yet and wants to just be friends. But I just took that as a message to move on. But it's like he still talks to me when we pass each other in the hallway and I get little butterflies. I don't think it's in a way where he's flirting but still ya know me not being over him makes it's easy for me to confuse a hi to for flirting. I just feels like I can't be friends with someone completely until I'm over there. Is this wrong? If not how can I tell him without sounding like I'm stuck on him?

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to just tell him that you can no longer be around him and move on. Stop talking to him, because it just sounds like you two are playing games with each other. You either make a decision to be with him or not. You broke up for whatever reason you did, and for those reasons is what you need to consider. Not go back because you have feelings. Feelings will get you into a lot of trouble. You need to think rationally and ask yourself is any kind of relationship with this person is worth it or not. The attraction is there, but that is not a reason for you to get back with him. For your sanity you need to just let him go. Delete every social media link you have with each other, the pics, vids, every item you've given each other must be returned back or thrown out: even jewelry or clothes. Don't keep anything. Because it will remain you of that relationship and that person. The numbers included, has to get blocked and deleted.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think he's flirting, he means exactly what he says. You broke up but he wants to remain your friend. If you can't be his friend until you're over him, tell him. Just say what you feel and it's not permanent, say that you think you won't be able to move on if you keep talking heavily and after it passes you'll talk again. Then you hope that he won't take it in a bad way, it's always a possibility, but you need to do what needs to be done.

• You don't have to tell him anything. You're right that you need to move on and the best way to do this is to get the person out of your life and out of your head. Don't contact him, don't talk to him, don't be in places that he may be, and don't look him up on social media or see pictures of him. Unfortunately, this is the best method if you want to stop thinking about someone but can't.

What Girls Said 1

• I tried to stay friends with an ex once and it only lead to heart ache and an inability for me to move on. I fully agree with matheus_mb he is not flirting just trying to make it less awkward, you need to be honest and upfront with him. Then you need to cut him out of your life. It is hard when you go to the same school, but you can cut him out in other ways like deleting his phone number un-following or blocking him from social media. Confide in your friends and let them help you through the hardship of breaking up. The awkwardness will eventually pass. Who knows, you may end up good friends way down the line. My high school sweetheart and I reconnected through facebook about 6 years ago and have been really good friends ever since. He is happily married and has two beautiful daughters. Only until you cut off someone you have been with long enough for you to heal from the break up can you truly be friends with them. The only result otherwise is the confusion you are experiencing now. You are not wrong and it is ok to feel the way you do.