Do you really believe in a second chance after a breakup?

Do you really believe that you can rekindle a relationship with your ex after a breakup? Does second chances usually make things work out when they didn'tat first place?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends. Actually the reason the relationship went down must have been removed. If the source of the breakup is still there, then it's only a matter of time before breakup number 2. Also, another reason could exist (persist or arise). So you can believe, but don't believe blindly. And if both are motivated enough for it to work (because of love, of course) then communication and good faith shall get the job done. In this case many break ups are possible but love should suffise to reconcile, repair, rebuild, start again, make better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do , but not if infidelity was the cause of the breakup.

I don't believe a relationship can ever survive a second time if there's been a betrayal

If both people still love each other, and they're both willing to resolve past issues , and make compromises then it's possible their relationship can be strengthened, and surive

What Guys Said 4

• Usually no. Because they broke up for a reason. And unless the reason (s) for the breakup are taken care of in a suitable fashion by both parties and memories are buried then it won't work. And it rarely does.

• And what if the relationship just ended up bc a simple argument?

• I don't really mean a SIMPLE argument but we were like having arguments usually but we usued to forget about it, but this time he said he couldn't and that he held that for a very long time, but it always don't work out!

• In that case it was something he couldn't get over so unless he's gotten over it - which that's doubtful because he ended the relationship over it - then I see no way amends could be made to be if you two back together

• Nope!

• Depends on what caused the breakup. If it was (like the post recently in here) for farting during sex, it might be salvageable. For something more fundamental, probably not.

• Second attempts rarely work. Sometimes they do. Most times they don't.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes- I've been there and done that. It didn't work out in long run though.