If you love someone yet they continually let you down and emotionally hurt you what do you do?

Ok, if someone you love deeply used to say thy loved you and such then started taking it back and going on about how they wanted to love someone and stuff like that and then emotionally attacking you how would you react? and how should someone react?

I know the person is broken like me, I'm hoping for a response from someone who either has done or does this to other people or has been treated like this and got the other person over it or at least a little bit better, please give me something I can use

Most Helpful Girl

• That happened to me a little while ago. except it was a bit different. The one I loved never said he wanted someone else, he said he didn't love me and wanted to keep our relationship a secret from a lot of people because I wasn't 'christian'.

I got fed up, I was completely emotionally drained and there was another boy who was into me and I was kind of into him. So I broke it off to try something healthier for me, its been great so far. Anyway:

His eyes were suddenly opened and he decided that he really, truly loved me and wanted me back. I refused him and he was devastated. I still like him a lot and want to keep our friendship so I still see him and I try to encourage him to get over me as often as possible. I also feel guilty, as if I betrayed him somehow. I don't know how much I help, my prescence probably makes things worse actually, but we're both tied to each other for different reasons.

Best response would be probably be to break things off completely and cleanly, if you still want to see the other person wait at least half a year for things to get back to normal so there are no fresh wounds to tear open accidently. Late response I know, still, felt like answering.

• Thank you for the answer, and I kind of wish I'd gotten this answer sooner. But, then again I'm kind of glad I didn't she's changed since then, she stopped caring and hurt me greatly, she told me she only liked me, because no one else seemed interested in her... (she said that after one of her friends told her he had a crush on her and became her boyfriend) needless to say I don't even talk to her anymore.