How long does it take for men to miss their ex's?

I'm talking about if the couple are still in love, been together 3+ years, the break up was amicable (no fighting etc) and the break up was very circumstantial.

How long does it take a man to miss their ex girlfriend? and how can i get him to take me back?

418

Most Helpful Guy

• Once upon a time, I got to know a very cute girl that I liked from the day we met as kids... We weren't living that close to each other but I got to see her occasionally... I'd sleep in my aunts house because she was living like a street down her house so I can play with her all day... As it happened, we fell in love with each other and dated for some time, and we developed a strong relationship... We lost our virginities to each other and I loved her more each day... And one day, out of nowhere we broke up because of "reasons" and we did not fight... She asked if we can be friends and I said yes... I was devastated but didn't dare show that to her... I avoided her and hadn't seen her for months... I went like on a road trip around the countries I live in and told everyone I know not to call me because I wouldn't answer and nobody except mom and her didn't call... She emailed me, messaged me, called me numerous times but I didn't answer any attempt to reach me... I know she started dating almost immidiatelly after we broke up so I don't think she wanted our relationship back... Long story short, I came back, learned when she works and suddenly went to the place she worked at the time. I walked in the store and she saw me. She walked up, slapped the hell out of me and started crying a lot. She then wrapped her hands around me and we had like the longest hug... I see her now pretty often since we still go to the same places we went as a couple and she dates other guys... I never got over her... I missed her from the moment we broke up and the road trip was in order to forget her... I date other girls too but never got into a relationship after her... Even if I get into a relationship with someone I highly doubt I will love them as much as I love her... It hurts me day and night... When I see her happy with her friends, boyfriend, it stabs me in the heart... I will love her until I die, whether we get back together or continue living as friends...
    I guess the opinions answer your question... Someone doesn't miss the ex at all, some start missing their ex after some time and some miss them immidiatelly and never get over them... And about your other question...
    You just have to wait when they are voulnerable and show them kindness that will make them miss the relationship they had with you...

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to have to "get" him to take me back. I would want him to want me back on his own. If he doesn't want to come back, then I would move on to bigger and better things... if you two truly love one another, it will work out the way it is supposed to... best of luck

What Guys Said 17

• I began to miss Annamae after seven months apart. But I realized nothing good would come of giving it another try. Frankly, I am relieved if a gal and I can part ways amicably. A lot of them, I wind up viewing in contempt for life. And it seems the ones who wrong me most are cursed. As time goes by, they tend to throw away little by little their redeeming qualities, becoming bigger losers every year. So good riddance. Most of the amicable splits wind up getting married. I had 87% of what they needed. They found a man that had 96.87%.

• That's tough to say. Are you guys still keeping in touch at all? How long ago did the breakup happen?

• We broke up about 5 weeks ago now and he's only contacted me once and that was last week

• Have you contacted him other than that one time? I think you should continue to give him space but also send him a casual friendly text after another couple weeks or so... you want to let them know you're still thinking of him but also without being weird or clingy at all.

• I have a slightly different issue that I'm curious to get your opinion about if you don't mind... Will you give me a follow on my profile page so that I can message you?

• "how can i get him to take me back?"

This is the actual question here. You can just ask that if you want. The answer is, you can't. He has to want to come back on his own.

• I wouldn't know to answer how to get him back. Can't speak for others , myself... I never go back or miss anything. But I would empathize that nothing gets better going backwards. When you two were willing to separate, for whatever reasons... leave it there and move on instead of treading old paths.

• Lmao we miss them already we just not falling for that shit again.

• That depends on the guy. I miss the moments, but not really the person, I move on

• I was together with her for 3 years, i never missed her.

• I never miss a bitch, once she's gone it's good riddance. Adios

• Not at all.
    I don't miss exes. I move on to the new one.

• Depend on the circumstances of the break up.

• Not long, but if you really care about him tell him how you feel and bring up all the good times y'all had together, then maybe he'll open up and tell you how he feels.

• Never were not like you. Were strong REAL MEN.

• Guys don't go back. we forget about exes.

• The only thing I missed was hitting her w the car lol I don't miss my ex at all. She's an ex for a reason, mine was because she was psycho.

• Never. I move on.

• THe longer I've been apart from any ex, the more I wished i'd broken up with them sooner.

• A lot. Way more than girls, who usually get into another relationship sooner.

Men suffer for long time after a break up.

• They do? He doesn't seem like he's suffering much. I mean he's not been going out as much and he used to always be out but I dunno

What Girls Said 3

• Never.

• When they see you doing better and moving on but by then you won't want him back

• Very subjective. Depends on the man and the Ex.