How long should you wait before you contact your ex after a breakup?

What is the perfect time? Not too little time, but not enough for her to completely move on?

• 1-3 weeks
    35%(7)37%(11)Vote40%(4)
  • 4-6 weeks
    45%(9)33%(10)Vote10%(1)
  • 2-3 months
    20%(4)30%(9)Vote50%(5)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a breakup not to long ago about a month ago I contacted her to get closure, think of like this if you don't contact her there's more of a chance of her wondering what your up to and why you haven't and your giving her the power by contacting her, also it gives you time to heal an also if she broke up with you once, who's not to say it won't happen again

What Girls Said 5

• You don't contact her, the relationship ended

• Why do you want to contact your ex?

• Because everything felt right with her. i am going to give myself time to heal and better myself, but I love her and nothing went wrong except she wanted to take a break to find herself a little bit. we dated for 2.5 years and I think that it was amazing

• Then wait until you think you have healed

• can u add another option "NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE"? xD

• I get lonely, but I'm never single after a relationship ends.

• one week not more she would have move on if not

What Guys Said 5

• 1. What's to say you should contact her at all?
    2. If you chose to do so, would it be to get her back?
    3. If yes, then has the reason you broken up changed or is it still valid?

• 1. Because the relationship was amazing.
      2. yes, it would be to have her back with me. not for revenge or sex or anything like that.
      3. she wants time to discover herself, so she says. she says that I didn't do anything wrong and taking a honest look at myself I can't find anything. i am just going to try to better myself, but other than that there wasn't a problem

• You dating other women or even just talking to other girls, while improving your life will make it far more likely for her to want to come back. Her seeing you live your happy life without her will make her miss you far more than her getting a text from you a few months after not talking.

• fuck man, you're probably right.

• Long enough that whatever made you two break up won't be a factor anymore. It is rather pointless getting back together if the same thing will happen again. So figure out what the actual reason was, when that is gone you can try again.

• Why I should contact my ex?

• never.

• if it felt right, why not?

• if you like one of her friends go after her. but don't talk to your ex cause you connected with her friend. why else would you want to talk to her.

• Stupid options. never contact your ex.