What does it mean by an ex saying we should go our separate ways for a while?

Me and my ex boyfriend started dating young and dated for 5 years. 5 months ago we decided to end things to see what else was out there. He reached out to me 2 months ago and we talked about how much we missed being a couple but didn't want to jump back into a relationship. Now he keeps going hot and cold on me playing mind games and saying he can see us together in the end but not right now. Our biggest problem was he has never been intimate with anyone besides me and wants to experience someone else. Could this just be him acting out because he realizes he will be tied down in the near future or is he just stringing me along?

21

What Guys Said 1

• He's probably just stringing you along, but you don't have to let him. If you think he is, then cut him loose. You don't need that baggage. You have just as much of a right to experience someone else as he does, and you have the right not to come back. Exercise your rights. Exercise them or lose them.

What Girls Said 2

• He is stringing you along to see if something better comes along. I'd move on and forget him.

• he knows that you will always accept him so he just want to taste others and come back to you ,