Seeing my ex tonight, any tips?

There's a chance I'm gonna see my ex later tonight. We were together 2 years and this'll be the first time we've seen each other since we broke up three months ago. I was the one who did the breaking up, so like, I don't want to look TOO good or appear TOO happy lol. But I also don't want to give any indication that I miss him or want to get back together or anything.

Any advice?

I cancelled on him because he wanted to meet super late and I got tired.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't want to indicate you miss him or want to get back together, keep the conversation very minimum, don't stare or make much eye contact and don't talk about the past. If you bump into him, just nod your head at him and ask how he's doing tonight. I say "Tonight" so you can avoid asking him how he's "BEEN" since the breakup. So, if you focus on the idea of it being tonight, he should say something like he's okay or doing great, etc. Then just respond "good" and move on.

• just be yourself and don't stir up the past or bring up faults.. don't mention anything that would anger him.. eg: you met few people, or meeting guys or done anything.. just play on his good sides. be nice be kind and polite.. be yourself but more humble. don't over think this.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Just the fact that you're going out with him suggest you miss him and want to get back together.

I recommend if it looks bad from the start, tell him you have a terminal disease and get out. That's what I would do.

• More reasons why girls can never move on from there ex

• I've already moved on. He wants to be friends and I don't think it's a good idea since he's admitted he still has feelings but I figure meeting up once can't hurt.

• Are you sure? Because you sound and type like a 14 year old.

Oh well. I don't have to prove anything to you, love. Later.

• You are still clearly not over him though

• Why bother doing this to yourself?

• Then don't meet him. Never a good idea to see exes... same issues will be there.

• Yeah I really don't see any good coming from meeting up but I figured one time wouldn't hurt. :/

What Girls Said 13

• Then either don't talk to him. If you have to, talk to him as if you were talking to a girl (assuming you're a straight female). Who cares if he thinks you are doing reallly well. He's probably over you and doing well himself. Just relax and have fun and don't make the event about him. Focus on other aspects of the event.

• Why are you going to see him if you don't want to lead him on? It hasn't been that long really

• If he still wants to get back together and you don't, its not a good idea to meet with him... you're gonna give him false hope...

• Why are you guys to talk to him at all?

• Your actions contradict your so called intentions. I agree with most of the people saying no.

• Don't meet up. You said he still has feelings... do him a favor and don't see him. It will only prolong the process of moving on for him.

• Good luck! Look good. be happy. say "hi, it is nice to see you are doing well. Have fun tonight."

• be yourself and try to not look at him a lot.. and just be nice to everyone if u can not help but be nice to him.. if you think about it a lot you will fuck up

• Don't go... If you broke up with him it happened for a reason why try to spark anything again its just unfair for the both of you

• Your story like mine. I understand your feeling.

• Dress up in the way you normally dress up and wear things you like.

• Act normal

• Easier said than done haha

• Sounds like it doesn't it? Once it got late, I told him I didn't see how this was gonna work since most public places are closed at this time, and he suggested meeting at a park. I told him I needed our meeting to be in a public place. He said "what if I promise to be on perfect and good behavior?" And that's when I realized how tired I was and told him I wasn't up for seeing him tonight. Which was the truth, but I wasn't that excited about seeing him in the first place.

• Well if you're not excited then don't waste your time. Date someone new who excites you and wants to meet at a reasonable hour x

• Sounds like your looking forward to it lol. May aswell give up the act and kiss and make up lol. Sorry not meening that in a bad way. If I was your friend standing next to you that's what I would say to you. By what you have said, you just seem like your happy your going to see him :)

• I was actually dreading it lol... ended up cancelling last minute (mostly because I was tired but I certainly wasn't upset about it). I mean, I don't mind talking to him or seeing him occasionally (I kept our dog, so I expect he'll want to see her at some point). But I don't see us hanging out a lot or becoming close friends like he wants.

Bah, rambling. Thanks for your answer!