Should I wish my ex happy birthday?

He still wants me to see him and come round, but he doesn't want the things that I want, like moving in together, sharing each other's lives. That doesn't mean I don't miss him. He's a bit of a loner and will ever be that committed guy. He felt rejected that I said can't see him casually, and said that we got on well and he misses that. it's not jus sex. He was also a bit upset that I'd been with another guy, but he said we were broken up & still wanted me to see him. He didn't wish me Happy Birthday, but his Birthday is soon, and I was thinking about just texting, as he has no family or any real friends. He's in his early thirties. He hates his birthday and Christmas because it reminds him of this.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I'd give him space and not prod the bear. You already described that he's having trouble moving on from your relationship and that his birthday is sort of a bad thing to him, yet you're asking if you should wish him a happy birthday? I think you need to be honest with yourself as to why you're even considering this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should wish him a happy birthday, it will mean a lot to him, and you will be able to make him happy for a while. Good luck!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• It depends, a simple "Happy Birthday" is nice and lets him know you thought of him on his birthday BUT, if you want nothing to do with him anymore and are trying to move on, then no this is not a good idea because he may take it as more, especially when he still wants you.

• I would just let it pass.. He skipped yours and still seems a little clingy. I'm assuming that you broke up with him?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!