What's the best way to move on from a toxic relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Cut out all contact
    Remember the bad times with them
    Remember all the good things about you and your life that were crushed when you were with them and work on making them whole again

Most Helpful Guy

• Hit the gym focus on your self and kid or kids if you got them your job do. It rush. To get a. New girlfriend what ever. If you wanna sleep around do it works for some people the gym worked for me I was in a very toxic. Relationship I know what you feel and go threw. Thing is tho. You have to bring. You back and feel good about your self then you can move on you will think about her. From time and time again I still do. But you. Will stop careing. In time but hardest part is not going back and doing it to your self again I kept going. Back for a solid year cause the abuse what ever. You wanna call it it breaks you down and wonder why they aren't happy. With you or treat you right Every persons story is diffrent with kids makes it harder. No one wants broken family. But the is no time limit all depends on you I spent. A year doing it get. Better then slip up and begg when I did nothing wrong Been solid 3 'months. Now. I don't care doesn't. Affect me anymore. And if you have kids. Like I do just talk to them when you have to other then that. Just go on with your life. All you can realy do

Sponsored

What Girls Said 10

• What helped me move on from a toxic relationship is journaling about my moods and progress of moving on. Its not going to be easy. There are times when I do think about that the person. But if you truly want to move on. Do not call or text him, stay busy with work or school, no listening to lovey dovey songs this will only make you miss him more... and this is the big one... no no no no no sex. By having sex you emotionally letting him back in your life. Down the line when you completely healed, then you can reply to his txts and see if he has changed but until then focus on you.

• I recently got out of one (like 5 days ago) LOL
    Best thing to do is to just CUT ALL CONTACT.
    Block them on everything and just move on, keep yourself busy and come out stronger than ever.

• The only solution is to leave , then cut all means of contact. Gradually you let go and move on

• You just MOVE THE FUCK ON

• Have a healthy relationship

• Cut all forms of communication and surround yourself with the ones who loves and cares for you, your friends and family.

• Cut out everything that reminds you of this person. Including certain friends for a while if you have to. I did this. It worked just fine. Its tough... but I'm sure you'll pull though just fine.

• sit yourself down. tell yourself it's okay. reason your mind into how bad this person is for you. remind yourself of the bad past, the prospects of the worse future with this person. then cut off all ties with this person and focus on all the good thing in life. wish well for them. forgive this person and move on as a better and a happier person.

• Cut all contact.

• Depends on what works for you. I don't like diving into another relationship right after so what I would do is to surround yourself with true friends and family. Be around people who have your back or love you for who you are, whether that be your best bruh, siblings, even the parentals. It's easy to forget what that feels like when you are with someone toxic.

What Guys Said 3

• Not look back.

• Put more toxic

• date other people , its important to see what else is out there , when the last relationship didn't work out well