Ex girlfriend lied, cheated on me with multiple people, killed my self-esteem etc. How to cope?

This girl I was dating for 1.5 years completely fucked me over. This ended a month ago. To sum it up:
- She physically/emotionally abused me (Hit me, gave me a black eye, insulted me blah blah)
- Never complimented me (Trust me, would compare me to other guys saying you wish you looked like them)
- Would lie to my face
- Put me in a state of depression, made me hate myself. Always felt like I did everything wrong.

I wouldn't wish what she did to me on my worst enemy, but I'm emotionally fucked. I overthink, I have no confidence, I'm an angry person.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's so messed up. I'm so sorry you went through that. It's honestly going to take a lot of time to heal but just understand that how she treated you had to do with the kind of shitty person she was, you never deserved any of that. Just keep yourself busy doing some things you love, or working towards your goals and please surround yourself with people who care about you.. as time goes on, hopefully you'll slowly start to heal.

Cut all contact with her and it's time to focus on yourself only because you deserve better than that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just move on with your life. Wish I could give you some encouraging words but I'm still recovering from my 8mo relationship that led to a quick engagement and was an open relationship and she still found a way to cheat on me with 6 guys. My ex never hit me but emotionally attacked me from the start and would play games at my expense.

I wish I could tell you it will get better soon, but it might be with you for your entire life. And nobody ever has the right to tell you that its in the past and that you should just get over it. You gave someone all of your trust, and sometimes when you give everything you have it just never comes back.

Best of luck in the fight man.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• I'm so sorry this has happened to you! Dispel her from your mind by getting rid of any and all contact with her. No one deserves to be treated in such a way. Surround yourself with positive people, don't try to get back up on the horse immediately. Meaning, don't rush into anything with any girls. While saying that, that doesn't mean you shouldn't chat with any girls. Girls are extremely empathetic and you may even find your best friends or possible future girlfriend. Do not rush into anything unless your comfortable.

You won't get over her anytime soon, and there are tough times ahead, but you will get through it. Don't let the memories and actions of another, ruin you for someone special. It takes time to heal the wounds.

I wish you all the luck in the world, and again, I am so sorry this happened❤️

• Trust me, get rid of all contact from her. You di not need someone who is going fo bring you down like that. Emotionally and physically it will take a toil on you. The feelings of getting over her will not happen overnight. Thats why its important to stay busy and try chatting with other females. Dating sites usually help with getting over someone. No need to rush into anything so soon until you are ready.

What Guys Said 1

• What do you want most for yourself right now?