Girlfriend said " I think we should break up" whats my next move?

now we have been dating since march 22th 2016 and its nows November 3rd 2016. the first 5 months before my girl went away to college we were always together never argued we was like a perfect duo. and then everythng chnaged when she moved 1hr away to college that im going to transfer to next year. we been aruging like a lot over the phone and txts. and the best 2 months its been aruging and yesturday i asked her what she wants and she said she didn't know if she wanted to be with me or not she was quiet for like 30 seconds and yues that mad me mad but i still wanted to be wit her. and today she texted me good monring and then i txted her good monring and then i didn't hear after she read my 3rd text (read Recipt) so an 1hr later i called and asked if she was ignoring me and she said no she was on the phone with her grandad blah and she said im glad you called and said " i think we should break up" now she's been talking about this for while and her reason was its selfish of her to be in a relationship with someone who cares about her a lot and i dont know what i want. she said its casue she sees single people on campus and see that they look happy and stuff ^__^. recently a girl she met on campus she been friends with just happned to break up with her boyfriend as well so im thinking she's changing casue i know my girl and she wanted to be with me for the long hall. we talked and ended up not breaking up but I don't know what is going to happen to us or what iam to her anymore. what i am asking is she said i think we should break up rather than she wants to break up like i know she doesn't but its like wtf...

717

Most Helpful Girl

• Next move is to say ok... and disappear. Do not respond to her contact for a while... if you want her back don't stay away too long though...

Most Helpful Guy

• She's clearly being influenced by her new friends and environment. It's hard to tell but if I were in your shoes I would just tell her what you want; you want to make it work but it takes two to make it work, but do you really want to stick around with someone who doesn't want to make it work?

If you do break up it doesn't necessarily have to be on bad terms, it could be a mutual agreement that maybe you need some time apart from each other. If she realizes that she wants you back then she'll come running back, but let the ball stay in her court. Don't live your life dwelling on the possibility of it happening, but if she does end up wanting you back then she's got to earn it.

What Girls Said 6

• Well if she's saying you guys should break up she most likely wants to, I'm. sorry and I know that hurts but if she tried to break up and the relationship is still on, I don't know how much longer it I'll last , she's most likely feeling distanced being away and may have lost feelings , I think it would be better to ask her the real reason she would like to break up because most people would not break up just because they see a friend breaking up with their spouse

• Distance is hard on a relationship, and college is a whole new experience. While I understand how much this hurts if she wants out then the best thing is to let her go. There is no point trying to force something when one of you wants out.

• Breakup cleanly and find a new girlfriend.

• Walk away. Sir this is asinine. Save yourself the headache, and turn your back. It's not you it's her.

• She wants to break up

• OMG so much drama. You don't belong together. Move onto someone who actually wants to be with you.

What Guys Said 16

• listen man if you love her don't let her go. Show her how much she means to you. You stated she said she's unhappy so think to yourself what about this relationship is making her unhappy and what can I do to change that. If she doesn't know what she wants and is only debating breaking up because she wants to free in college that's idiotic. College is not an excuse for cheating or anything. Tell her how much she means to you man show her. Send her flowers or just do something nice for her, anything. And at the end of it all if she's unhappy then her staying with you won't fix that, the relationship will be forced and not fair on either one of you. Just give her some time to think and avoid stupid fights in the future and show her how much she ducking means to you man even if it makes you look like a pussy just do it. Love is love and it's priceless. Peace ✌🏼️

• Move on before she does something that will fuck you up even more, such as cheating or anything like that, i think she got bored or tired and wants to have the "single life" as soon as you guys break up she probably gonna be with other guys.. so save yourself some trouble suck it up and move on bruh she doesn't deserve you, besides do you want to be with somebody that is constantly indecisive and doesn't know if she wants to be with you?

• What's happened is since she moved to college she started hanging around with new people and the more time you have spent apart in the mean time might have influenced her decision to break up with you I think for her to do this she must think very little of you and she has not thought hard enough to keep your relationship going I think she might have her eyes on someone at college and she just might like him more and because she don't see you has often and seen a lot of single boys at her college has sort of sued her decision

• Just stop contacting her and see if she contacts you from her own side. And I mean direct contact, not facebook. If she doesn't either text or call you then just let it go.

Leave with your dignity, man. The truth is the relationship is 90% destroyed it sounds like so dont perform CPR on a dead horse

• Tinder

• "I think we should break up" whats my next move?

Break up

• Lol.. she wants to break up? Its her loss then, move on and don't swallow your pride.

• Say ok cool. Get in touch if you change your mind.

• Move on bro, you're single now

• Distance ruins a lot of things, and this might already be at a draw, whether the words have been said or not. You sound a little prepared for it. It's fine. You'll grow past it.

• She already has your replacement ready lol.

• GET LAID!!!

• Break up with the bitch and masturbate to some 4chan. Fuck reality. Fuck relationships

• yeah she's gone mate sorry but you have to accept reality and just move on. Let her go, if she's yours she'll come back one day, but definitely wait your hopes on that. go out and focus on yourself a bit more, do things you enjoy, maybe to keep your mind off things join a gym or get a hobby (sports), go out with friends as often as you can etc. if a girl told me she wants to leave then she is clearly unhappy with me and she has been dwelling it over for a long while not just 1 day. So i'd just let her go, i mean really would you want her to be unhappy with you and stay with you for the first of your life, the answer is ofcourse no.

• Just move on!! Do you really need all that drama? You are young, and there are so many others out there!! Don't limit yourself to this one that doesn't seem to know what she wants!
    This kind of thing NEVER ends well, so just cut your losses and find someone else!!

• I'm guessing you had a good masculine Role Models growing up