If you ask for closure are you stupid?

My ex boyfriend has broken my heart for the second time. First he didn't explain why he became extremely distant, I felt unwanted and ended it, he didn't disagree with me ending it, so I spent the next year and a half missing him, without closure, wondering what the hell happened.

We got back together for all of two weeks. I thought we were "catching up", but he started doing all the things we used to... holding hands, making out, going to movies, he was so sweet, so loving, and he initiated the "I love yous".

Then he messaged me that he didn't want to hurt me again and that we shouldn't continue.

To say that I'm confused is the understatement of the century. So my question to you is, what if I ask him to give me some kind of closure? How would I go about asking, and is this a stupid thing to do?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont.. there isn't such thing as closure, even if you go and talk , he will awnser and more questions will pop up based on what both of you said, besides even if you have all these questions most likely when you see him in front of you , you gonna forget some of them and probably won't be able to say all you wanted to say , and when you leave you gonna be like " damn why did he say did or why didn't he say this?" just move on , block his ass , you gotta be harsh on yourself , won't be easy , but DO NOT go back to the same shit! if you go back to him what have you learned? yeah nothing..

Most Helpful Girl

• You will be running around in circles. There is no closure. Just ghost him and move on otherwise he will play with your feelings nonstop. Trust me I've been there, so just block all contact and move on. If he really really loves you and wants to be with you, he will prove it to you himself by being consistent with how he feels about your relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• You can ask him, but in all honesty, he may not do anything to satisfy your questions. I would expect him to leave you hanging. My ex wife did that with me, leaving a LOT of unanswered Q's. That was 23 years ago. Today, I still don't have answers.

As hurtful as it is, the best thing is to go on with your life and hope that you can quickly resolve any issues that may have been your fault, on your own.

• Hi there! Listen talk to him face to face and get all your feelings and shit out there. If you like him show him what he means to you. If you both feel the same way about eachother a relationship can blossom again if not then time and patience heals all wounds.

• It's a very stupid thing to do. The fact is you're not the girl for him and never will be so get over it. Can't win them all

What Girls Said 1

• whats the meaning of closure to you?
    if you were able to do w/o the first time.
    but you let him in to hurt you again.

so...3rd is the charm? not sure why it would be necessary.
    Whats your goal after him?