My boyfriend just broke up with me... how should I feel?

I should have never been in a relationship. I'm so heart broken. I'm crying so much. I wanna die. I didn't want this. I tried to persuade him. what do I do?

1014

Most Helpful Guy

• "how should I feel?"

Feeling numb and heart broken are normal for your circumstances.

"what do I do?"

There's not a lot you can do. That (the passive rôle) in itself makes you feel all the worse.

People will say things to you like "Time heals all wounds!" and you'll want to punch their lights out.

But it's true.

Some of us have so many scars there is nothing left of our original, fifteen year old selves.

Oh, and welcome to adulthood.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey I'm sorry, but this is not your fault. I don't know exactly what happened, except from what I remembered from your last question. But its his lost. There is no reason for you to persuade him to do something he doesn't want to do. He had a chance to fix it, and he blew it because he wanted to do what he wanted to do. He just isn't for you. And you also have emotionally invested yourself in a relationship that you didn't need. Right now all you can do is vent, evaluate what you both have done wrong, and just move on from him. Talk this out with your parents. And don't give your heart out to every and everybody. But right now its going to hurt. But you have to get yourself back up together.

What Guys Said 13

• This is a tough question. My advice is to find somebody to confide in. If all else suicide is never the option. I've been where you are. Recently actually. Just know that they are only your first. There's always going to be number two and three etc etc. It's hard for a while. It is. I won't lie. But it does get easier. I promise.

• Move ok and realize he's the one who's who shut the door and your the one who's opened plenty more

• Yes, we have been following this in your questions for a while - All break ups are hard but your first serious break up is tough - It is similar to grief - I hope you get over it - You are a beautiful girl with a lovely personality so fingers crossed you get through it and meet someone new,

• Just let yourself cry and let your emotions out. It's natural to feel that way after a relationship. Don't try and bottle it in. Afterwards just think about where the relationship went wrong. Then just spend time on developing yourself. Pick up a hobby do some self improvement and just be happy with who you are. Keep yourself busy.

• Asking on how to feel seems a little daft. How do you feel? Do you feel empty? Angry? Overwhelmed? Those are feelings you'd generally feel when you break up, but everyone is different. I understand your pain but we all must feel pain in order to grow as people.

• @Prettyapathetic Ain't you wanted to break up with the guy because he lied about his age so what you complaining about now

• well you just told us how you feel

• Time will heal. Whole life is in front of you. Everybody will say this but it is nothing but truth. You don´t have to be so sad :)

• Thats sad and the first time hurts the most, you will get through it though! And I kinda saw it coming from your previous questions and you were thinking of breaking up with him

• I told you 18 year old and 15 year old are at two different places in life it's just a month you'll get over him stick to your books she right guy will come at the right time you only need good friends at this age.

• You'll get over it soon. First break up are painful most of the time

• I Saw This Coming. . .
    To Be Honest When you Posted That Question About Him Touching You I Knee It wouldn't Be Long

• damn it looks like a whole lot of people saw this. lmao it was doomed from the get go

• its alright learn from these mistakes
      everybody makes mistakes.

• first time this happens always feels like the end of the world, but listen to people that are older; this will happen more often and in the grand scheme of things, its really not a big deal. you will suffer for a few days. maybe a bit longer. but eventually you get back on track and you move on. it will happen sooner than you think

some people split up after 25 years of being together and they dont die either

• I feel so sick. I feel like I'm never going to find anyone else. I did those intimate things. I am sick. he lied to me

• im really sorry sweetheart

• listen to him he is right

What Girls Said 9

• i cried for two straight months and didn't even realize it. when we (people) breakup, we sometimes feel like its the end of the world, but it isn't. you were born in this world alone, and you'll even die separately from the person you're with at the time. so, no matter what, you'll always been a "single" person. this isn't a bad thing, but its universal. even when you do date someone, you'll still be a single whole person, the only difference would be the fact that you're romantically involved with another human being. sometimes we have the tendency to look at things in a whole instead of bit by bit.

• That's how breakups feel. I went through my first one about 4 months ago, it ended on really bad terms, but I'm still not even fully recovered from it yet. They feel horrible, it's probably the worst feeling I've ever experienced, but it does get better. The incessant crying will subside, the pain will stop being so all-consuming, it just takes time. Every week gets better and better, you start to think of him less and less, and eventually it will go away.
    Stay home in bed, take the time you need to just cry and be depressed, but then move on. Start going to the gym, start eating healthier, reach out to your friends, make yourself busy, maybe get into yoga and meditation, read self-help books, etc. Do things that make you happy and do them as often as you can. Stay strong.

• Break ups are a blessing in disguise. It doesn't feel that way now but you'll come to realize it. The pain will fade.

• You should be glad that you experienced this pain, this lesson. You'll come out stronger from this. Do you see him at school or something?

• Aww going through a breakup is the WORST feeling ever. Im sure you are crying, and going through all sorts of emotions. I know exactly how you are feeling and honestly it will take time to get over him. Give yourself time to heal. And try not to think about him. I really hope things work out for you.

• You're young, and unfortunately you're going to get your heart broken many times in life. It's normal to feel like this the first time and you will learn how to deal with it, It won't get easier everytime but if you know how you can deal with a break up. Example making a cons list, or something that helps you get over the heartbreak.

• I know how you feel. It's totally normal

• try to move on, its going to be hard af, omg that sounds wrong sorry, its going to be hard to do that but it you will move on soon enough. he was a really big jerk and you dont deserve that!

• Take a deep breath... it's all going to be ok. It's always tough and you will find that you are always strong enough to make it. Take a little time, cry your heart out. Talk with your family and friends, it's ok to feel bad or even horrible, just know that there are a bunch of us that have been through that and that the sun will shine again on another day honey.