I don't know what to do to make everything better?

Hey, I was dating the love of my life for about 6 months when he broke up with me in February. At first he wanted it to be temporary and we talked all the time, eventually he decided he didn't want me in his life at all. I worked with his sister in the summer and she told me she was upset because he was back together with the first ex he had that had treated him terribly. She said she wished her brother was still dating me. I have tried everything to move on and be happy, I have tried doing my own thing and focusing on myself, I have tried dating other guys, I've met some lovely people but no one is like him and I can't help but feel like this guy was my one true soulmate. I believed for so long he would come back into my life and now it's November and I have almost been grieving this for 9 months. Meanwhile he is beyond happy with his first ex and happy he has no contact with me. I moved two and a half hours away from our hometown and I enjoy my roommates and I love being at college. I even reached one of my biggest goals which was to play a varsity sport. I am doing really well in my studies and I am settled in the new city now but I still can't help feeling down. I have tried going to counselling and I have tried talking to people about how I feel except now everyone is sick of hearing about this problem. I don't know how to move on or even how to be happy. I know I have a lot to be thankful for and I am, I really do enjoy my life, I just can't stop feeling stuck and sad over him. I just want to go back to normal, I really would like to win him back but I'm not dumb or delusional and know it won't happen, I just don't want to be stuck going through life dragging this around. I'm also worried because I am really fat and ugly and I feel like he was my only shot at getting someone to love me and clearly I wasn't even good enough for him. I don't know what to do.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself to start. From what I have read, this is more about your insecurity than the feelings itself. Don't think that I'm talking down on you, I'm just pointing out what needs to be said.

• That's on you and possibly deserved granted the treatment.. I can only sample behavior and so far ms. 3 hours later, you're not doing well.

• it's been nine months and I'm not better

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay first off, you need to boost your self esteem, sweetie. I'm pretty sure that's where most of this is coming from. Find a way to boost your self esteem and move on from there.

• that's true I just don't know how to feel good about myself when I did this to myself.

• everyone else and everything else is boring

• Well then your question is pointless because you're unwilling to change.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• Ug, I hate hearing stuff like this. I never have an answer, but stay strong lady.

What Girls Said 1

• i have been the same way, except it lasted 3 years for me before i finally got over him. i got over mine because i met someone even more amazing. the most inspirational people come into your life out of nowhere.

• True, I just have a feeling deep down he was it for me you know, I don't really even have a desire to go out and date anyone else which is fine I just wish I would stop feeling so lonely.

• it sucks, i don't know what to tell you.