Ex Girlfriend texted me this out of no where and not sure what it means?

31M 28F. Dated 3 years. We split 2.5 months ago. No Contact with her for a month. Of course right before the no contact we talked for a week, saw each other a couple times. She immediately started seeing another guy after our break up and I asked her before the no contact to work it out and she said she couldn't at the time. Well last weekend we were in a wedding together (mutual friends) and little to no conversation was made. I left wedding after the formalities were over at the reception. She is still seeing the other guy at this point. Last week I get a text. Sorry for bothering you. I'm just having a bad day and saw your card and wanted to say you looked you really good Saturday and had fun at the rehearsal dinner and on the party bus. I wasn't sure to respond or not. It was the first text I got from her in a month and she initiated it. I still love her very much. I responded- I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day, but thank you for the compliment, glad you had a good time. No other conversation or texts were made. I did not want my response to sound needy, clingy. Just polite and to the point. Why did she send this? Was it out of guilt? Is she trying to string me along still in case it doesn;t work out? Just not sure what to think. Its almost been a week and I can't stop thinking about it? Not sure why she just didn't let me keep moving forward.

12

What Girls Said 1

• She was probably having a weak moment and her thoughts went back to you. Sometimes women can be like that bird on a wire, and not sure which way they are going to go... I have been there, it is kind of like keeping options open, but only you can allow it or not. Personally don't look back, an ex is an ex for a reason- keep yourself moving forward, don't respond again at all. If she keeps sending you messages, but is still with someone else. Tell her you will not respond any longer, that it hurts you too much. If however you can work it out, and she isn't with someone else, that is another story... best of luck

What Guys Said 2

• Oh come on, you know exactly what it means... She wants the D!!! I think you should cash in on this.

• Yup she using her status as women to get sex of you, you pretty have all the power in that situation