How would you begin to start looking for love after getting out of a 6-7 year relationship?

fear of being alone.. it feel darker n loneliness isn't mY best choice to live life...

Most Helpful Girl

• after that long, i'd take a good year off for myself
    learn being happy by myself again
    because if you stay miserable, you'll just attract misery into your life

that said, i'd be careful of any rebound relationships though
    but once you're happy with yourself you'll realize that you're still young and that there are plenty of fish in the sea!

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know still figuring it out after being married 17 years and now divorced so I'm just getting use to being alone for awhile so I'm not on a rebound just to be with someone

What Girls Said 4

• If your afraid of being alone, then you won't do good getting into another relationship. You need yourself a major break. Being single is a good thing for some people. 6 or 7 years is a very long time. That means you two meet somewhere near the end of HS I guess? Well you need already HAVE love in you. Not going around looking for love, because now it means that you don't have it, and your looking in the wrong places. But if this breakup is that bad, go seek professional counseling and do something about it.

• I think you need to find out who you are first, when you're with someone for so long you grow together and compromise to work with them as a unit. It's just you now, do you still like or even want to do some of the things or behaviours you did in that relationship? Is there anything you've ever wanted to try or do that never quite seemed to happen because of other commitments?
    I'd spend some time on my own figuring out what I actually like or want to do, go on a few dates with the idea of socialising and learning to flirt before even considering another relationship

• Maybe half a year

• Focus on making yourself happy

What Guys Said 1

• Same way I did before. Whatever.