Do you ever really miss someone after a "break up" and really want to talk to them but don't contact them anyway? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• With some yes, with some never. Depends on why we broke up and how much I regret losing them, or how much I enjoyed being with them.

What Guys Said 3

• Break up means that you don't want to have any connection with the person who broke your heart. You will miss that person because you had an attachment with them before. But now they are no longer relevant to be a part of your future. So even though they come in your thoughts constantly , it is better not to contact them. Because you should start with the process of forgetting about them and erasing most of the past memories. This is the way you should step ahead in life.

• Yep. Did what was best for them.

• Why was it best for them?

• Oh, I wish I could feel that way more about the taking on the burden. It's hard to do

• Then don't. There are other options and paths. mine probably wasn't the best anyway.

• No. Most of the time I'm happy to be out.

What Girls Said 7

• Of course!! It's only natural... the only times it doesn't happen is if you didn't like that person to begin with, then there is nothing to miss...

However, if you know things are better off this way, one should be strong and smart enough not to give into the urge of missing someone who is not good for you... the feeling will pass with time... and it will get easier every time to ignore it until it has no effect on you at alll... the most effective way is to start liking someone new. :]!!

• Yes I have been missing someone for months, but we are No Contact because that is what he wanted. I don't know how many times I have wanted to pick up the phone, but just don't! Miss him every day!

• It is difficult to let go of a person because you weren't romantically compatible. It is perfectly natural to miss other aspects of the relationship as a whole. However, in my opinion, the healthiest thing to do in order to get over someone is to accept that you have to let go of all aspects of their personality and move on completely. I think it is healthier than falling into the illusion that the person you are breaking up with will help u get over the breakup.

• Yes I do. I don't call or contact them because I have too much pride. I will post pics of me being happy af on Instagram and fb, knowing that they can see it, but I won't contact them.

• I trying hard not to contact my ex now. We broke up last Friday. I blocked him immediately to avoid talking it out and going back to him. I unblocked him today just for closure purposes and we talked it wasn't helpful. So I think cutting off all contact is the way I'm going to go. It hurts now... but time heals right?

• Yes. I try my best not to contact them because they will only try to talk to me out of my decision to break up with them... And getting back with them would only cause me more heartache

• Yes, especially if it was him that dumped me. Mostly because I don't want to look stupid or clingy. Men never know I miss them, maybe I should be braver but I just miss them silently until I meet someone else.