How do I get over a guy?

I've tried convincing myself that I'm over him, been with other people, and has distracted myself with many tasks. It's been two years and none of that worked, how do I get over him?

12
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• It is probably an issue of closure. You have not received the kind of closure that you need in order to move on. Unfortunately this will often be the case, because when someone is taken from us before we are ready we don't have time to prepare.

Fortunately, you don't need closure from someone else, you can find peace from yourself if you have the right kind of guidance. The first step is to avoid making someone into a saint. We tend to remember certain things with rose tinted spectacles. We only focus on the good and we forget the bad. If this thing was so good then why did it end? The likelihood is that it was never perfect.

The second step is to forgive yourself for any mistakes that you may have made. Appreciate that you did your best given the circumstances at the time.

The third step is to realise that time has passed and that you have both likely changed, even if you don't feel like you have. Time doesn't stand still and nor do people. You can't go back in time. Often when you try you realise
    that the person is not what you remember and your feelings are not what you remember. Nostalgia can be deceiving.

• Sometimes... you just dont

What Girls Said 1