Will and when my ex actually come back?

so I'll try to abbreviate as much as possible, girlfriend cheated on me and the relationship got weird. We agreed we needed some time off and once we discussed again where it was going it was clear to me she wasn't fully invested and needed some time and I walked out and broke it off saying she could come back when she's ready and try again.

since then I've been an idiot trying to get her attention back etc etc. I seem pathetic to her right now but the other night she called drunk and said she loved me and wanted to take me back. I got a hold of her today and asked if she meant what she said. She said she really cares about me and is thinking about taking me back.

So I realize a lot of people will tell me ditch her altogether and most will say if she says she'll come back she will. But do you really think so? She obviously is a little precocious which is fine I am too. I think I need to stop contacting her all together and see if she comes back. I won't just wait for her but I've decided tonight I will not contact her again no matter how bad I want cuz I said ode give her the space she needs. How long do you guys think it'll be till she comes back if you think she even will.

All comments are welcome. Be as nasty as u want

41

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems that you're putting a lot more effort into this than she is. If she cheated, and you're the one who's willing to make it work despite her infidelity, then there's something wrong here.

What she probably thinks of this is that even though she cheated, you still love her whole-heartedly. She can see this as beneficial to her in the future by using you as her plan B because no matter what, you'll always be attracted to her. If her priority relationship fails, she can always fall back on you to love her, but she won't love you. She can then use you as a temporary replacement until she finds someone better.

I recommend that you get her out of your life, but you're entitled to do whatever you want with the information I've given you. You can choose to be used by her again, or you can find someone that will actually respect you for who you are and not cheat on you.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Girlfriend cheated on you" END IT!!! She doesn't respect you or your feelings. Dont hang on this girl. Move on. No contact.

• She has intimacy problems and has changed but her feelings aren't straight anymore. I should move on though I agree, I just can't

• And I got laid twice since we broke up Monday, it's not like I can't find any

What Girls Said 3

• Honey your girlfriend cheated on you but you're waiting for her to take you back? Generally when someone does wrong by you they need to earn your respect and trust back, and expecting those things from her shows that you value yourself and what you had to offer in that relationship.
    If she does "take you back" why would things be different?

• Things will be different because i will not give her any credit. I will take a huge step back and remind myself I have to let her still have her space. It's because she's never been in a serious relationship is young and has intimacy problems. She has lots of friends but no close ones

• It's not good, were split. I'm just wondering if she'll come back. She will have to earn my trust back or she'll just cheat again so yeah I have to make it work: I'm just wondering if she'll try to make it work

• Well I hope you're able to find some happiness with whatever the outcome is, just personally I think it will be better in the long run if she doesn't come back

• She cheated on you and she's the one who needs space? I'm sorry but she doesn't seem to really care for you or love you. You should save yourself the heartbreak and find a girl who respects and loves you :/

• I get that but do you think she will come back to me anyways

• It's a safety valve for when she does it to me if that makes sense

• So you're saying that if she ever cheats on you again, you would cheat on her too? If it is then you're just stooping down to her level and it wouldn't seem like you two are in a serious relationship. This kind of revenge is petty and won't help you achieve anything. My advice would be if you ever take her back and she cheats again, leave.

• If you ignore her for 3 months and she doesn't contact you she likely isn't going to contact you. You shouldn't wait around. She cheated get over her and find a real women.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!