Would you wish your ex a happy birthday?

Or would that open a can of worms?

I am not terribly experienced with relationships. We haven't spoken in three months but I think about her daily. I don't have any illusions about rekindling our relationship, but I wish her well.

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Reasons why or why not would be appreciated.

For the record, she broke up with me, not the other way around. There was no infidelity involved, there were other incompatibilities.

86

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It's an excuse to make contact with her.

Think about your exes doing this to you. You wouldn't want it.

If she missed you, she'd reach out in some way. SHE would make an excuse.

* Dude, your age range doesn't match the question. Come on, it's hard and all, but they're EXES for a reason. Stop reminiscing. Remember how it HURT and how you felt when she ended things? GOOD.

Next time you start reminiscing, ask yourself how someone who cared about you, could make you feel that way. <- lol, been there, done that. It just holds you back and prevents you from really being happy.

• yeah that is a very good advise. But it hurts sometimes to see someone become a stranger who you used to talk to everyday once

• First relationship. There are reasons why I was a late bloomer, but I won't get into it.

• I give virtual hugs if you want one, Asker. & I won't pry but say that hopefully, you'll be okay.

Look up when you feel down. (( Cheesy enough for you? hehe ))

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't. If you didn't do anything wrong to cause the break up than I wouldn't. If you still think about her that much I'm sure you have hopes of her coming back. She may or may not but the best way to have her come back is by having her come to you. Also you may get a response you don't want to hear. You may get no response. You may get a positive response. 2/3 of the outcome can hurt you. I've been there. Trust me. Don't say anything. You can easily end up in a worse situation.

What Girls Said 7

• I would only wish my ex a happy birthday if I was actively friends with them at the time. If we haven't been in contact, then I wouldn't open up that can of worms. Unless I was looking for an excuse to get back in contact with them.

• I do. Every year. But that's because we're on speaking terms now. There was time when we were not lol.

• Nope.

• No, I wouldn't do that

• No? I don't want him to think I wanna get back together

• Not unless we were on friendly speaking terms. Otherwise, I don't talk to an ex.

• I never do.

What Guys Said 5

• Sorry to say I still do.

• No, I don't want to give the wrong impression and open up that line of communication.

• It's fine, I think you're thinking too much about it. Unless you guys had a real bad breakup there's no reason not to unless ur lazy

• Well I did wish her happy birthday. She on the other hand didn't

• of course... NOT...

• Bad experience, or standard practice?

• is there a reason that it is called "ex"... don't you think?