No other choice but to breakup?

Sorry for the long post, but i really need your opinions. I've been seeing this guy for 4 years, although when we met, it was clear to us that this relationship was a dead-end, but we enjoyed ourselves for as long as we could. recently we decided to put an end to it, for both our sakes. My question is, how do I get over all the history we have together? I can't seem to see other guys, and I'm literally more attracted to a potato than any guy I meet. there's no way we can be together again so can you suggest ways I could regain some interest in dating?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It's completely normal to be feeling the way you are, especially after 4 years. Humans are really adaptable and we get used to someone being there. There are constant reminders and you find yourself pining for what was, it's natural. You're scared because you're in the unknown again and your brain is trying to hibernate by playing old movies lol Concentrate on yourself, things you enjoy, find new things, experiment with different hobbies, you'll meet like-minded people and find out a lot about yourself in the process. It will get better, but you have to stop eating the member-berries, you know?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just think about all the reasons why you broke up and what he didn't give you and find someone who will. I know it's seems impossible now but it will get easier over time.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Hmm... I would enjoy the single life for now. After breaking up, you don't 'need' to find a new partner again. You could feel better, knowing the fact that you are both not holding eachother back to find the one

• It just sounds like you need some time. Focus on yourself, your independence. Eventually someone will come along who will spark your interest.

• You need time to heal

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!