My girlfriend told me she would kill herself if we broke up. What should I do?

Okay here's what happened: Took place at a park at night by the way...

me: I think we should break up. it's not working out anymore. And I honestly haven't been able to see you the same way after cheating on me.

her: oh no. I say when it's over not you. *she smiles creepy as she says it and I made myself laugh because I thought she was joking.

me: no but I'm serious. I think it's time for us to part ways. we've been going out for a few years already and I've already thought about it and I don't want to be together anymore.
*she starts crying and I get embarrassed because there's all these people walking with us. IT'S A PARK AFTER ALL. Maybe not the best place but that's irrelevant.

her: If you break up with me, I won't see any point in living anymore. I'll kill myself. please don't leave me.
*There's these girls that look at me and her as they are walking by and I just felt so guilty and like a as***e so I gave in to make her stop crying

me: okay nevermind.

her: you promise you'll never break up with me?

I tried staying quiet but she asked again and started being even louder. I was so annoyed so I gave in again. and she even made me say it.

Anyways, I tried it in a private matter and that was a whole lot worse. she started yelling at me and my little sister was in the house and I told her to keep it down because my little sister could hear and she said she didn't care. she left my house and came back and I couldn't just kick her out. so I let her stay and I've been trying the same method 4 times already and I don't want her to hurt herself or be all emotional during a college semester. She basically says she'll hurt herself if I break up with her and I'm a really nice person so I just stay with her because it makes her happy and I feel bad.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING.

Most Helpful Girl

• Break up with her. The reason she's acting suicidal has nothing to do with you. If it's not you, then something else will trigger her to act the exact same way. Nobody kills themselves as a direct result of a break up, otherwise we'd all be dead. She has other issues and you shouldn't blame yourself for her wanting to commit suicide. You're not the reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• Break up with her. What she does after that is her choice. she can

• It's not that simple. I care about her a lot.

• she is using that to manipulate you. she sees that weakness and is using it

What Girls Said 11

• Step one: tell her you have a surprise
    Step two: blindfold her and go for a drive to the mental hospital
    Step three: help her get inside the building
    Step four: remove blindfold, break up, check her in for overnight observation then gtfo

• She's being manipulative. Don't let he r get away with it. Put your foot down - tell her it's over and she's got to leave. No debate. No argument. It's over.

• And if you are genuinely concerned she might actually hurt herself, tell one of her family members or closest friends (I'd recommend parents) that she has said these things but that you need to break up with her and tell them when you're gonna do it so they can be prepared to step in.

• Tell her parents. Or try and refer her to a therapist.
    Or just be such an asshole that she voluntarily leaves on her own.

• she's manipulating you. she's just saying she's gonna kill herself so you stay with her. she gets angry when you try to break up with her, because she's mentally stable. its acc quite a clever idea.

• If you think she really means what she said, get her some help or tell her parents.

• Just by reading the title I can automatically say that this girl is mentally abusing you. Get the fuck out of that relationship before it's too late.

• She's lying

• She's being incredibly manipulative and that is not healthy. She needs therapy.

• Emotional abuse. Tell her to fuck off.
    Tell her if she threatens that again, you will send the authorities to do a welfare check on her and deal with it, because you're not a doctor.
    If i was that little sister in yhe house when she's there shouting like a loon, sorry, but I'd have come out and knock her out. She's no good, and no girl wants that kinda crazy with their brother.

You do not need to stay with somebody because they make these threats. People like her do that, it's very common, and some actually do cut themselves or something when he realises her threats are empty and leaves anyway... they'll only cut in an attention seeking way though, not to truly harm themselves. This is called emotional abuse. It can run deeper than physical abuse sometimes.
    Do not let her do this to you.
    Please leave. If you're worried, you don't go back, you send the authorities to either give her real support if she needs it or to tell her off for wasting their time if she doesn't.

• Get her some help now

• Sometimes It might not be 100%true when girls saying that she's gonna admit suicide. They just want it to be threatening.

What Guys Said 12

• You should leave her.

She's manipulating you. If you're really concerned about her trying to kill herself, then contact one of her friends, or family members. Let them know what she said, and ask them to keep an eye on her, because you're done.

What she does, or doesn't do, after your breakup is not your responsibility.

• One of my friends exes did this. He ended up calling the police after her threat of self-harm and locking herself in the bathroom. They took her and placed her in a mental hospital for observation. She's trying to manipulate you so call her bluff and call the police next time.

• That's manipulation and emotional abuse.

I'd alert the local police that she's threatened to kill herself. After that, you stop talking to her.

• Call her bluff.

• she is just playing ı have seen many of her

• Break up with her, she won't do it
    She CHEATED ON YOU DUDE
    you gotta go

• i don't think she will kill herself , she says this to make you to not break up with her

• You can always just drop all contact and never speak to her again. She's trying to control you. Just remind her that the relationship isn't solely about what she wants, it's what's best for the relationship. She's become entirely dependent on you emotionally for comfort, which does no good for your relationship. If she had cheated on you, the first thing to do is to confront her for it and if she doesn't come clean and try to play dumb, the next step is to reduce contact. And then if she continues to be like this and try to make you feel guilty drop all contact with her and let her sort out her own problems, you should not feel guilty about what you did, she is the one that is in the wrong for cheating on you in the first place.

• Dude crazy girls

• It's why I never had a girlfriend

• I had a girl say that, said it several times so obe day i took out my gun, took off the safety and handed it to her. She just stared at it and gave it back. She won't do it

• Tell someone you trust that she's suicidal

• Break up with her anyway. She wants to kill herself? Dare her to kill herself. Encourage her to, say that you don't give a fuck whether she lives or dies so long as you're free of her. Then see how quickly her tune changes. Emotional blackmail and manipulation- girls do it better than any guy ever can. But she's lying, guaranteed. She doesn't have the balls.