Friends with benefits with my ex... how can I avoid developing feelings for him again while continuing this 'agreement'?

64

Most Helpful Guy

• If you wanna do one less stupid idiotic thing in your life you end this and go no contact all together.

Most Helpful Girl

• This would be hard to do. I would not continue to have sex with him if I was you. Your only going to get upset and hurt if he isn't showing you the attention as when you were together. You probably are secretly hoping that he will commit to you and want to be with you again. But this is a deal breaker for some men. No commitment nor obligations to you, they can come and go as they please in your life, get sex from you when they want to and at the same time be sleeping with someone else. And what if he finds someone else he ends up being serious with and doesn't continue to the agreement that you both have. You would be devasted. You need to get over him and heal. And by sleeping with him its only putting you back at square 1.

What Guys Said 3

• Sex only, no cuddling after or sleeping over. No dinners together, no hanging out, no general talking.

• Ain't this a bit of an oxymoron.

• How so

• The sex is good the relationship wasn't... makes sense to me

• Keep playing with fire then.

• Bad idea full stop! You'll only end up getting hurt!

• Thanks for the upvote 😉 😘

What Girls Said 5

• Why are you continuing this agreement? There is no way to avoid developing feelings for an ex you are regularly sleeping with unless you have completely fallen out of love. Be aware what you are getting yourself into.

• I dont love him i haven't been in a relationship with him for a long time. There may be left over feelings deep down somewhere but not enough to notice

• Good luck with that...

I'll be honest - I think it's a bad idea to sleep with an ex. You once had feelings for them, and you will again if you continue to spend time with... especially if you're having sex with each other.

• Maybe you're right but i dont feel like feelings are developing for him and i think i have the will power to end it if i did.

• Whoa wait a sec.
    1. He's your ex boyfriend.
    2. He's your friend with benefit now.
    3. You want to try to avoid your feelings.
    Well... first you CAN'T avoid your feelings because you still love him.
    Second: the "friend with benefit" thing is such a bad idea for you two, things will get worse and you will get hurt again.
    Just stop and think about yourself and your future relationship.

• I haven't been in a relationshil with him for a long time, I definitely do not love him haha, sorry.

• Oh okay hahaha, sorry!

• You cant! Somebody's gonna catch feelings. friends with benefits never works

• My advice, stock up on tissues, ice cream, pizza and sweets. And don't use any sick days you gonna need them when your heart gets broken.