It is weird that I feel sad about my ex deleting me off social media even though we agreed to go our separate way?

I deleted him off a few sites and then I noticed he deleted me off the rest. He's been in my life for a few years, even 1 following our split. It just feels weird that it's really OVER now, for good.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not weird. I mean, it is weird since apparently you started the whole deleting thing so in a way, you're just getting the treatment that you were dishing out. That said, I remember being young and how I also over-dramatized those relationships so I feel for you. However, the best thing you can do is move on. There are a gazillion guys out there who are ready to take you out if you want to date so while I can't tell you to forget about this guy, I can tell you with almost complete certainty that there are a few hundred guys who are better for you than he was.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it is not weird. When we have someone in our life for a period of time and they leave, we miss them. Social media keeps us connected. Going your separate ways, is best if you are broken up. You will never move forward if you keep looking him on, or seeing him with other people. The delete might hurt for a little bit, but someday it won't sting as bad. Keep moving forward, keep the pictures away. Delete all emails, phone numbers, social media, etc... pretend they just don't exist. It is hard, but after a couple of weeks, it will get better... I know I have been there.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• No it's not weird to feel that someone doesn't want you in their life, it's an ego thing. Our ego doesn't like to let go of things, it makes us feel unwanted even tho you guys are already broken up.

• seems natural to feel that way. it's essentially the final statement that things are over. there was a time when you two were happy and this is sort of closing the book on that relationship and time in your life

• Nah, it's not weird. He was a part of your life for several years so of course you're going to be impacted by it. You'll get over it eventually.

• yeah ıt is weird

• It's not weird

What Girls Said 8

• I can understand you feeling this way. The reality has set in. You didn't say why you all broke up. But "a few years" is longer than most relationships that I have seen on this site. Remember the reasons why you all are not together and think about that everytime you have the urge to want to contact him.

• It's understandable. Even a mutual breakup is painful, and deleting each other from social media is so final. It's like severing all ties with that person. When someone's been part of your life everyday but then suddenly they are no longer part of it... it's inevitable you'll feel a sense of loss and hurt

• It's perfectly normal. It takes time to internally let go of a person and understand it's over. It's a process.
    The sadness will eventually go away. You'll be fine :)

• It's not weird to feel sad about this. It always hurts to have someone who you care about completely leave your life. However, if you really want to move on, it's probably for the best!

• It is change, it takes getting used to. Kind of like if you have the tv on for a while and you turn it off, the silence isn't bad, just different.

• No, it's not weird. The end of a relationship hurts, even after you've found a new and better one. Don't assume that someone mucking about with permissions on social media means that the relationship is more over than it was before. If in the future both of you want the relationship to resume, then it will, whatever you said to each other.

• Nope. I deleted that mofo everywhere including my future guest list for my funeral in 98 years.

• Well if you can delete him, he can delete you to