Why do I feel so bad after breaking up with my bf?

I broke up with him because he didn't respect me and my feeling and didn't even put a single drop of effort in the relationship. So I broke up with him because every day I felt worse.

It has been a week or two, but why am I still so upset and why do I miss him so much?

Am doing things to keep me busy like work, hobby and friends, but at the end of the day I break down and it is eating me up.

Have been dumped before so I know how that feels, but I never imagined that I would feel worse when i broke up with someone (i expected that it would feel like a relieve).

Any tips will be appreciated.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you really like/love him? That's why. It's not a relief now, but it will be in the future, be sure of it.

• I did love him. We even have been living together for some time.

• So you're going through a normal process after breaking up, nothing to worry about, it will pass with the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because you broke up doesn't mean your feelings just vanish. Just continue to work on yourself and over time you'll feel better.

• Meaby it is still to soon for me to be really over him (as it was a last resort).

• That's okay. Sometimes what we want isn't what's best for us. You making the decision to pick what is best for you takes some strength. It'll get better though.

What Guys Said 6

• dude dont feel bad.. my ex who broke up with me (i know its crazy I mean who breaks up with me?) still sneaks into my apartment and cleans and cooks and also comes over each Sunday for a good rogering

• Date someone else !!

• yes, because everone knows using someone as a rebound is great *sarcasm*

• Definition of a rebound:
      Going from relationship to the next person right away to avoid the pain of a breakup.

• How about finding someone new who you like and not treating them like a rebound?

• ıt is a usual thing

• I think it's probably normal to feel that way after breaking up with someone

• It's a major change in your life, you don't necessarily miss him, you miss being in a relationship. You will get someone else who appreciates you and treats you like the person that you are.

• From my experience when we feel this way we weren't positive about our decision, but initiated the break up hoping for a positive response from the one we're breaking up with. Did you break up with him hoping he would change?

• I broke up with him because he was making me feel horrible. Already tried him tell him what i didn't like, but he didn't stop. Yes i told him what's bothering me, he said he would change but he didn't.

• Now it all depends if the good things you like about him outweigh the bad. If you know that he's not a bad person, has his ways/things you don't like, but you love him, give it another shot. If you are sure that you want to separate, then it will be tough, but you have to do what you have to do.

• I always loved him, but the bad outweigh the good so much that it is hard to be around him. That's why I broke up.

What Girls Said 1

• The reason why you miss him is because you loved him. It hurts more when the person you love never tried. Just because you break up, doesn't mean you can turn your feelings off.