Should I disappear?

I'm currently dating someone. We're almost a year, but I feel like he's not the person I want to spend my forever with. I feel bad because he really cares about me but I just don't feel the same anymore. I want to just disappear because if I explain to him that I want to break up he'll try to convince me that I should stay. It would really hurt me to see him with anyone else but that's selfish I should be happy for him if he does. What do I do?

11
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• Don't disappear. You can really fuck someone up doing that. Especially if he cares about you. Happened to me and it's been months. I had zero closure. It's torture. Don't do that to anyone. Be strong and say how you feel. You don't have to make a big thing out of it. You have to say how you feel than walk away. Don't leave someone with no closure. It's just wrong.

• Okay yes, that makes a lot of sense thank you so much. How do you suggest I tell him? Like I said, I've tried to before but it's so difficult.

• You're amazing thank you so much!

What Girls Said 1

• Don't ghost on a relationship of a year. That's rude as fuck. Just tell him that you aren't interested in being with him anymore. Then when he tries to convince you otherwise, stand up for yourself and your decision. It's a very important thing you need to learn how to do and this is exactly the kind of opportunity to practice it.

Also, you're really young and you shouldn't be thinking about spending your life with someone yet. Your life has hardly even begun. In 10 years, when you should be really deciding what you want for the rest of your life and who will be in it, you'll be a different person than you are now.

• Thank you, this really helped I think I'm going to tell him now.