How do you cope with the holidays after a break up?

My ex dumped me a month ago and today being Thanksgiving, which was our favorite holiday together its been difficult for me. the break up is still somewhat fresh so dealing with the emptiness of him not being here is hard. How does one deal with it? im surrounded by family, yet i feel so empty without him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just remember you still have your health, and if you are religious you still have your faith. No matter how much others have hurt you, just know that you yourself can still bring positivity to others with your life so keep going and be thankful for your heart. Do you have a friend? Just spend some quality time with them. good luck

What Guys Said 1

• You must try and keep your mind off of it! Think of other things that you need to do

What Girls Said 3

• Try to find something you can put your mind to work on. A project of any kind, complicated enough to require your entire attention. it should distract you for a while.

• Its true you will feel different but when you first celebrated it you had your family so the most you can do is appreciate it with them now, people go in and out of your life all the time but sometimes certain days hurt more than others and thats okay. Just be grateful that it ended when it ended than prolonged unsaid feelings.

• I know what your going through and I'm not sure if you're spiritual, but I know it as spirit of lonliness. You got to pray it away and believe God has better for you. It will take time. It's just the lonliness trying to suffocate you. Pray it away and ask God to mend your heart and he will. Trust him!