Do you ever really get over being cheated on?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can get over it but it's down to you to find a way to make peace with it. You can either spend a lifetime beating yourself up and/or hating the person that cheated or you can accept that you can only control so many things and you can let your hatred go.

I'm not saying that you should forgive and forget, just forget. Playing it over and over again just punishes yourself. The person you thought you knew was someone else. Accept that and let their memory go.

As for yourself, you can't control other people, you can only do your best to be the best version of you. If someone chooses to cheat then they will cheat. It's not your fault, they made a decision. There is no need to deconstruct yourself and it won't help anyway. We trust people because trust is required in a relationship. Trust is a leap of faith. Sometimes that trust won't be repaid. It's just one of them shitty parts of life. That's why trusting is brave and that's why being able to trust makes you strong.

You will get past this if you don't waste your time trying to replay the past over and over. Let go of it and get back to being yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on how invested in the relationship you are. If it was a long term relationship where being cheated on completely blind-sided you, then no, I don't think that would be something you'd get over easily.

But if you just started dating this person and you find out they're still screwing their ex (or something of the sort), it's much easier to dump them and forget them and their transgression.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• Yes you do, it's takes a while, but eventually you forget them, the ones you fell in love with will always be in your mind every now and then, but it gets less frequent with time.

• I got over it rather easily.

• No. it haunts you for the rest of your life. The ghost of all your exs

• No its not easy

• Yes you do.

• Most people I know that have cheated are very successful in life. Look at Donald Trump, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tiger Woods, etc...

most doctors cheat, lawyers, politicians, ceos etc... they are very successful people. I haven't ever cheated and I'm poor and unemployed. Yet statistically, people in high stress positions are more likely to do so.

Talk about a clear difference between what they say is best, and what in reality is best.

• Im only 30, but I've been unemployed 3 years while looking for a job. That is 10 % of my life or 32% of my life after I got a degree and was employable.

What Girls Said 2

• Nope. It always haunts you.

• Is hard I know. But being cheated on doesn't mean there was something wrong with u. There was something wrong in the relationship that weakened making it a whole b/w that relationship which lead a third person in. Sometimes the people u date brings another character to u. But is never ur fault if u get cheated on