Why did he act so friendly?

My ex and I met up a few days ago to talk and end things on a positive note. We've been broken up for nearly a year. He has for the most part been rude and cold and distant and this meeting was the first time we had seen each other since the breakup. After I got done saying what I needed to say, he knelt in front of the couch I was sitting on, held out his arms and wanted to hug me, said, 'You've been through a lot. I wanna give you a hug.' It totally threw me for a loop and made me feel really uncomfortable, cause personally I don't think it's appropriate for us to hug. But whatever, I gave in and hugged him. During me talking... i wrote down everything I wanted to say... he responded to something I said with 'Babe, come on...' Really weird, obviously a slip, but after ten months of being apart I wouldn't slip and call him babe. He commented on my nails (I had chewed my nails when we dated), when I held out my hands he took them in his hands... weirder. Commented on my makeup, that he liked it. Complimented me on my necklace, kind of touched it quickly. Kept touching my hand. Wanted to walk me to my car, asked for another hug before I left. I just... don't understand why he was so friendly and wanted to hug me, etc? I did not feel comfortable with him touching me, etc and I don't know why he was acting that way if he wants it to be clear that we will never be together. He has been adamant from the beginning that we'll never get back together but his actions don't always seem to match his words. I have moved on but I'll never say never and so his actions just made me confused about my own feelings.

11

What Guys Said 1

• learn to let go out of love.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he likes you again, unless you really love him, then don't go back to him. How many times did he screw up? Give him a second chance.
    If this isn't the first time, then just remember all the pain that he put you through.