Just seen my Ex is starting to date. I need help, advice, suggestions, ANYTHING to get me through this devestating step?

This was my one true love. The person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. My best friend. My entire world.

I've only just been holding myself together from the breakup a few months back. Taking one day at a time. Not coping well but trying so hard.

I've just seen that he is starting to date again and on a dating ap. it fucking crushed me. I feel like I'm breaking all over again. I can't stop crying and my mind won't turn off. It's driving me insane.

how can I get through this and be ok, feel ok, function day to day. I don't want it to drive me to do something crazy to just stop feeling.

please help anything everything is welcome.

12
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• Well it's a fact you can have feelings for someone and you cannot control the feelings they have in return for you. Usually when 2 people are meant to spend their lives together both parties feel that and we know it's on pat with the 2 being soulmates. I don't think this is the guy for you and you need to get out there and find that person fate had intended for you to be with.

• Circumstances also play a big part in things not working and I truly believe it to be that.

I have never in my entire life felt this much for another human being. And I've had a lot of life experience. I try but I just can't seem to feel ok, move on or get over or past him.

The thought of another guy makes me sick to my stomach. I can't do it I feel like I'm cheating.

It's fucking redic I hate it I don't want to feel this but I can't help it.

• I have accepted it. I have no choice but to. But that doesn't help the moving on nor the feelings of hurt when I'll see him with someone else. This is what I need help with. I don't want to drive myself insane.

• Basically you need something to occupy yourself and you mind with so that you can not dwell on it... if your mind is busy focusing on something else chances are good you won't think about what has happened. Staying stuck where you are is not going to do you any good so you need to stop digging yourself in and start climbing out of that hole because as I've known the only person who has the capacity to change something in their lives is you... now I don't want to sound cruel but it's tine this pity party gets wrapped up and you put some serious thought into yourself and know that there are other fish in the sea (yes I will use that cliché).

• Before I answer, who initiated the breakup?

What Girls Said 1

• Stop the dating app. You aren't healed enough yet to be going on a dating app if you feel crushed and so low still. It's too soon and will just trigger you to miss your ex. I encourage you to try to see a therapist perhaps to help you move past the break up. There's nothing wrong with this. It's OK to seek help after something as devastating as a breakup especially if you are hurting the way you do. Alternatively, read some break up books like "He's just not that into you" or "'It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy". The latter is my favorite and you can buy it www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1

Join online break up communities like LoveShack, start a journal where your document each day, plan days in advance to not give yourself time to hurt and wonder, keep busy, exercise and start a new class in a hobby you are interested in <3

• Thanks for your reply lovely and the suggestions.

I'm not on a dating ap, he is, as of a few days ago. I'm no where near ready to date anyone at all my heart is still to fragile. And will be for a very very long time.

• I'm sorry that I misread that wrong then :( Do check out the books I mentioned there. I think they will help you a great deal xx

• Thank you again xx