Boyfriend Acting Like a Jerk After We Got Back Together?

So I broke up with my boyfriend on Thanksgiving because I thought he wasn't paying enough attention to me, doing enough for me, etc. We've had conversations about this before which always led me to want to break up with him, leaving him upset and confused. He says that I want and expect too much from him. So after the break up I looked within myself and saw that I actually was asking for WAY too much. He already did everything a good boyfriend does, I just wanted his constant attention to fill a void in myself. So I apologized to him and asked for him back and he said he wanted to be together.. he's just afraid I'll do the same thing to him again and he doesn't want to get hurt. Even though he says he wants to be together, he picks fights with me and always seems on the defense now. It's like he hates every quirk about me that he once loved. He's just so easily annoyed with everything I say and do after getting back together. I asked him if he was sure we were still dating and he says yes and that he's not upset at me, but I feel bad that he's acting this way. I want to be patient, but it hurts me. I understand that I did break up with him first, and then he kinda went "fine you want to break up, me too" so I guess I just should leave him alone.. give him space.

21
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

You move on with your life and close the book on that old chapter.

What Girls Said 2

• If he treats you in a way that makes you feel bad then don't date him, you're allowed to have needs and wants, as is everyone, and there's no point dating him again because he made you feel bad about what you want. He sounds immature and only wants to date you if you don't ask for what you want, and that is just going to make you feel worse. Realize it's just not the relationship for you and don't compromise what you need from a relationship just because he doesn't want to provide it.

• Focus on yourself. Have a full life away from him. I know it's hard but since both of you are welling to work on it try to be patient. He simply can't fill the void. only you can do that. Just chill and lower your expectations so he can feel that he is enough and can make you happy.