I broke up with him, should I text him?

I just broke up with my boyfriend a few days ago and since then I've been in so much pain it literally hurts like hell. We'd only been dating for a few months but I knew he wanted to marry me and I wanted to take things slow in case things didn't work out. He wasn't pushing me, but he thought I was viewing things negatively when I just thought I was being realistic. Long story short I broke his heart. I'd much rather be the one that's broken up with then do the breaking up and this is just killing me right now. We both go to the same church so we're going to be doing things together and we both said that we could be friends although who knows what will happen when we see each other this weekend.

I hope that we can eventually be good friends one day. I told him on the phone that I don't have anything bad to say about him and that I don't have any hard feelings towards him. But I think I still need to let him know that everything he told me in confidence will always remain that way. Because I don't want him being awkward with all our friends thinking I told them everything he told me. I know everyone says that after you break up it should be a clean break and but would sending that text make it easier on him or harder?

02
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

What Girls Said 0