Am I wrong am I wrong?

I broke up with my boyfriend 3 weeks before. There were plenty of red flags in the rs. But before we officially broke up, I talked to one of his girl friends. The reason why I talked to her was I have a gut feeling that something is weird with my boyfriend. He oftenly hangs out with a clique (let's name it clique A) that includes her, but he won't tell me that he's hanging out with them. I only know that he hangs out with them when I came across her account in instagram. I have another gut feeling that they dk my existence. He has another clique that knows my existence though. So I went to talked to her. She was surprised because she didn't know about me (my gut feeling is true), and she told me that her friend wanted everyone in clique A to bring their partners to her bday party. But he somewhat insisted that he doesn't have one. I was utterly shocked and hurt when she told me. She sympathized with me and comforted me, and she as well as me have no idea why he needs to hide me from them. Me and her haven't contacted for about a week already.

Fast forward till 3days before, he suddenly messaged me and asked whether I talked to her. I told him the truth. And he said he was disappointed. And after that he blocked me. I went to look at our blog, he viewed it twice around the time he msged me. However I still trusted her that she did not tell him. I don't feel regretful when I did this because I feel that there's nth wrong as I feel that I need to know the truth. Although it's not a good idea. So I wonder what's on his mind after all? I hope guys would comment on this so that I can take it as a learning lesson.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• you did it right! if he loves you then what's the point hiding you in his friend circle.. he is not the guy you looking for.. so you did what anyone would do

Most Helpful Girl

• He's playing games with u! Now he wants to put the blame on you for for asking questions? He's a manipulator. Erase all his numbers and block him on all social media and move on. If he loved u he would not do this shit.

• Thank you! I will definitely move on. Although I feel it's inappropriate to pry on but it still necessary. I'm glad I did that and walk out of it ASAP. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Of course she told him she had talked to you; clearly this clique is more important to all the members than anyone outside the clique, so she thought it was ok to tell him.

HIs loyalty lies elsewhere. So while you can say many things, one thing you can't say is he is really your boy friend. He was only pretending. The clique is the reality for him.

• Yes, you are wrong for prying so much. You are way too wrapped up in social media platforms..

• If I don't do that I will be kept in the dark forever. And maybe I will find out few months or years later, and end up getting even more painful.

• The guy really didn't do anything wrong according to your description.. Not saying he wasn't bad in you rs with him either. I just hope that your next interest you will go into with full trust and not let that bad experience affect you.

• Yep I definitely will! :)

What Girls Said 1

• No you aren't wrong, what he did was stupid and pointless. Did you ever find out the reason behind it? No boyfriend should hide their girlfriend from their friends without a good reason (that they both should know) and vice versa. In conclusion, what he did was fucked up.

• I asked him once, he said "you don't have to know everything". I find that as a freaking lame and invalid excuse. I wanted to confront him again but I think that would push him even further away. So I chose to talk to her. After he told me he was disappointed, I got a little be furious because I am way more disappointed than him.