Should I reach out to my ex after 6 weeks?

My ex and split a little more than a month ago. He dumped me out of no where after a fight. Weve barely spoken since. However, yesterday a mutual friend tells me he's really upset over our break-up. He realizes he made a mistake, but he can't contact me because he thinks I've moved on and that maybe i hate him. I dont want to try to contact. Because when i tried in the past he ignored me. I haven't tried in 3 weeks.
should i extend the olive branch so to speak, since it seems he can't for whatever reason... or let it be?
Before this fight, we had a great relationship. He freaked out and went extreme.

Most Helpful Guy

• Communication is the most important thing when it comes to a relationship. I would contact him. However I would not come across as too eager or willing to jump right back in. He did hurt you. I would act confident and open to talk but express your side and but as I said don't act eager to jump back in. Make him work for it a bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it depends on what you want. If you want the relationship, I say try again, one more time. But if he dumped you, then ghosted you and you just want to make peace, no get closure from yourself. Don't open up wounds unless you think they are stitchable... best of luck

• thanks for the mho! PS I have a situation that was over 9 months ago, it seems like a lifetime, but I am just battling the same question, I don't want it to start again, I just want to reach out now that our emotions have calmed, and try to get some kind ending, however, like I told you in my answer, I have to really ask myself why do I want to see him? It is hard, in the end, you just have to do what your heart tells you...

What Guys Said 1

• Stop being pathetic. It's over permanently and completely and you will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. If you think you can reconcile and ride off into the sunset together and live happily ever after then I have some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you. I'm a firm believer that when one small thing causes an instant breakup that it's been coming for some time. It's the equivalent of a murderous "snap." You will only break up again for more and more menial reasons and the breakups will occur faster and faster. Things weren't as good as you make them out to be

What Girls Said 3

• I would reach out to him. Just ask him if he wants to talk. Put the ball in his court and if he doesn't step up, then you can move on.

• I say go for it. You don't want to regret not trying. If he doesn't reply so be it and let it be over. Have this be the last string.

• ıf ı were u ı wouldn't