Why does he blame me for everything?

Basically, my ex boyfriend broke up with me because I found out that he had been lying to me about a lot of things, and when I confronted him he was angry that I had found out, and he was angry that I was mad at him for lying to me, he then said I made him lie to me? The main thing he lied about was who he was hanging out with/talking to, he'd tell me he was talking or hanging out with his closest guy friends and then really he would go hangout with random girls, and one of his ex girlfriends who I knew still had feelings for him. We broke up 3 months ago, and we spoke a couple days ago and he still says it's my fault he lied to me because "you wouldn't have been okay with me hanging out with them".. and he's right, I wouldn't have been okay with him hanging out with a bunch of random girls and his ex who's intentions with him are unknown, that still isn't a reason to go behind my back and lie to me, and he knew it'd upset me so why would he even do that in the first place? He did have friends who were girls, but I had met them and knew they were just friends, and he has cheated on all of his past girlfriends except me (I hope). .. but when we last spoke like I said he turned everything on me, he got mad at me for not spending as much money on gifts for him as he did on me, however I was a full time student with a part time job, while he was a full time worker and not in school, if I had the money to get him something nice I did. I just don't understand why he's so angry with me and blaming me for everything

03

What Guys Said 3

• Some people always blame others for whatever they do. "It's your fault I cheated; you should be more affectionate," or "if you didn't make me get so mad, I wouldn't have to beat you." These people have a strong tendency to addictive behaviors. You are definitely better being away from this guy.

He will probably never admit that he is at fault, and there is nothing you can do to get him to accept responsibility. But. . . you knew that he had cheated on all of his previous girlfriends and you still dated him. Why did you think he would treat you any differently?

• *hug*
    He should have talked to you about it, its mostly his fault I think

You should be okay with him hanging with girls however

The gift thing is just stupid I think

• I guess I should have been more clear on the him hanging out with girls thing, I was fine with him hanging out with girls, the girls he would talk to he had never spoken to before and he initiated talking to them, if I could have met them and gotten to know them it would be fine, but before this incident he had lied about a lot of other things so I already didn't fully trust him, and then when I found out he lied about these girls to me I stopped trusting him, and that's when I began thinking that he was going to cheat on me soon

• He already knew I didn't fully trust him and then he went and did the thing with the random girls, and it kinda pushed me over the edge

• its your fault!

What Girls Said 0