How do I help my dad?

Yesterday my dads wife of seven years left him I just came to live with him three years ago because he was an alcoholic before now he is back at it and how do I help him through this? how do I help him stop drinking? Please I need help today😓

21

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe you could start going to Al-Anon to get support for dealing with an alcoholic family member. It will help you best help your dad and help you take care of you too. I know this is a hard situation.

What Girls Said 2

• You can't do anything. Alcoholism is an addictive behaviour and if he doesn't realize or feel it's a problem then he won't take the initiative to get help to deal with it. Only he can change the situation for himself, you can't force addicts to change or stop. if you need to speak to someone about how to deal with it yourself, you should see a counsellor for support.

• contact alcoholics anonymous