Should I say happy biryhday to my ex?

So my boyfriend broke up with me and i want him back.. i did the no contact thing for about a month and then tried to talk to him but he made it clear he didn't wanna talk.. but he has depression and was in one of his moods where he doesn't wanna talk to anyone or see anyone when i talked to him..(he left me cause of his depression).. its his birthday coming up soon and im not sure if i should say happy birthday to him or not.. i read on a site that pushing him away might make him want me more but im scared that pushing him away is gonna make things worse cause of his depression.. please help

41

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• There's such a stigma attached to an ex. But honestly? Follow your heart. If it's what you want to do, then do it. It's the way that you do it that will matter.
    Say happy birthday, but that's it. Keep it light, friendly and wish him a lovely day. Say nothing about missing him or wanting him back, especially if he's distant at the moment. Give him the same amount of attention he's giving you.
    If he replies then great :) But don't reply unless he asks you a question or gives you something to talk about. You need to make it clear that you're not going to push him for anything. Focus on making yourself happy and if it doesn't work, know that you deserve the same love in return that you're willing to give to someone else.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Just say happy birthday. You made me feel bad for the poor guy

• I say move on. Why waste your time on a guy who broke up with you. Why are you trying to play mind games with him to get him back? Why do you think he's even worth it? his loss

• Yeah. I've wished guys who rejected me happy birthday before cause I was still friends with one of them and the other one was neutral with me