Do you believe in bad timing?

My now ex boyfriend and I broke up back in August. We were together for a year and a half, and I loved him more then anything, I still do. We broke up because I found out he had been lying to me a bunch, and he got mad that I found out and then he broke up with me, the break up was coming I knew it, we were constantly fighting about everything For about two months before, But Right afterwards he came crawling back saying leaving me was the biggest mistake he's ever made.., I didn't take him back because I was so angry that he lied to me. We've talked a bit since we broke up and Recently we ran into eachother and just had a casual conversation. Later in the day I caught myself looking at his profile and noticing he still had all of our photos of us together up, I also noticed when I ran into him that he was wearing the ring I gave back to him (because we broke up) on a chain around his neck.. I messaged him asking why he still had the photos and asking about the ring, and he sent me a big long thing saying that he's still in love with me and wants to be with me again someday and said he still doesn't want anyone but me.. and the reason he supposedly said "someday" was because he doesn't want us to jump back in and end up like we did before,. We both changed a lot the last few months of our relationship and we both expected different things from eachother.. at this point I'm just rambling hahah but one of the things he said was that "maybe right now we just werent meant to be together, you're moving away for a few months and I'm starting school soon" does anyone have any stories or anything about relationships just not working out for a certain time? If that even makes sense

50

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a friend who broke up with his girlfriend explaining that she was the perfect woman, he loved her, but the timing was not right. They dated other people and then, a few years later, ended back together. I'd call it beautiful but he ended up dying a year after that :( Which is sorta sad beautiful. Point being that it sounds like the man you describe really is serious and maybe in a few years things will work out. Keep in contact and when the timing is right, good luck! (Hopefully ending on the positive note in my friend's relationship not the ultimate).

• I'm sure we will run into eachother again, he wants to meet up with me for coffee before I move away in a couple months, so I guess I'll see what happens, thank you for sharing I really appreciate it!

• :( that was depressing...

Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• My last relationship seemed to have bad timing. When we broke up (about a month ago) we didn't fight, it wasn't screaming and crying. It was like we both silently knew it was coming. We both just started college and were getting used to our new classes and schedules, it just didn't seem to work out at the moment. Which really sucks because he's a great guy and we both still seem to really like each other, but the timing's all wrong at the moment. Just trust your heart, but take your brain with you.

• I think everything we were dealing with just got to much and we needed time away from eachother, I still feel like I need time away from him too, just so we can grow as individuals and then see if our feelings change at all, we were together a long time and it's only been like 4 months since it all stopped so yeah, but thank you!

• You're welcome! Hope things turn out the way you would like them too.

• to some extent. I understand some things in life add pressure and stress to relationships but you gotta figure that if it's gonna last, you're gonna have to make it through rough times.

• Yeah there was definitely a lot of stress and pressure on both of us in our individual lives and in our lives together, and it all kinds just got to be too much... maybe in while it'll be different, but I'm not getting my hopes up haha

• Yes I do

• Yes. Bad timing happens