Do I break NC to wish my ex a Merry Christmas?

Just going to summarize the situation really quickly in point form...

- Our relationship lasted a very emotionally intense 6 months
- I broke up with him, not because of anything he had done, but because I wasn't 100% that we would end up marrying each other like he was.
- We go to the same church, and for 3 weeks after our break up were still seeing each other there and were in contact about church stuff.
- The 4th week he decided to leave church (in part because of other things as well) but also because it was hard to see me (understandably) since we both knew we still had feelings for each other.
- We had said that we'd like to remain friends but I know that will only come in time, once we've both healed emotionally.
- So now, although we broke up a month ago, it's only been one week since he's officially told me "goodbye for now" and we haven't been in contact at all.

So from my perspective, texting him wouldn't mean that I want to get back together, and I think deep down he knows that we won't ever get back together, but it would just be a nice gesture... especially since it's Christmas, and if we wish strangers and coworkers a Merry Christmas, isn't it weird not to wish someone who means so much more to you? But at the same time, I'm torn... because I don't want to open up a healing wound either...

So, thoughts?

• Text him Merry Christmas
  • Don't text him Merry Christmas
Select a gender to cast your vote:

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in cutting all ties and moving on. Don't even try to be friends. How can the healing process start if you keep rehashing the wound?

• We were friends for two years before we got together and I think we both mean too much to each other to not get back to that eventually.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a nice gesture. It doesn't mean anything other than you still care about him in a nice way. It would be a nice thing to do. Always spread joy and comfort. God knows everyone needs it.

What Guys Said 3

• Leave well enough alone and get on with your life.

• I live in NC

• Don't text him Merry Christmas

What Girls Said 2

• It's going to be easier for you to move forward if you don't message him.

• I have moved forward. I know that I don't want to get back together with him, but that doesn't mean I don't still care about him and want to be courteous.

• True... but what if he thinks I don't care if I don't text him?

• I doubt that

• Don't bother