I miss someone I was seeing, would messaging them be wrong?

I was seeing this guy for a month we had the bf/gf label but it was more of a we are exclusively dating each other but not a couple if that makes sense. After a few weeks he kind of disappeared and after messaging him a couple of time to see what is going on he told me he wanted to stop seeing each other and that he liked me and I didn't do anything wrong he thought he could move into a new relationship 4 months after his 5 year relationship ended but he couldn't. He wanted to be alone and doesn't care for himself friends or family and he wants to figure out what he wants out of life before getting involved with people which I completely understand.

I wasn't really hurt when he told me this I was relieved I too have to figure out my life I was stuck between moving to my hometown or staying And college stuff. So him and I not being a thing made these easier for me.

however I did enjoy his company he was one of the funniest and goofiest people I ever met. He didn't care what other people thought of him and that's what I liked the most about him. I'm just a bit hurt. After he sent me the break up I sent my reply just to hear nothing back. He has a hat and DVD of mine and told me he could drop by sometime and give me it back so I'm going to be contacting him anyways for my things back we ended about a month ago I was just giving him space before contacting again for my stuff.

i wish we could at least be friends. we were only seeing each other for a month a transition into friendship is a lot easier that way than it would of been if we were together for longer than that but it's all up to him from the distance he put between us I doubt it's something he'd want.

i just miss talking to him. He's one of those people that I actually sat there and listened to and hung onto ever word he said. Would reaching out to him just to see how he's doing be wrong? Or should I only contact him when I'm ready to ask for my stuff back?

12
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• I can't understand why do you want to break up when both of you are happy with the relationship I understand that he need space. he can enjoy more if both of you are in a relationship I can't understand really why both of you want to break up you can express your feelings to him I guess he will understand and will continue your relationship again that's all I can say. hope this helps

• The only reason why I was okay with the break up was because I was dealing with living issues I moved out of my parents and struggled to find a new job got offered a lot but every single one fell through so I was stressing myself with trying to find work I was offered my old job back with a pay raise so I took it. I was debating on moving back to my parents and get back into college to get my degree. if I did that him and I would be in a long distance relationship only having the weekend to see each other and we'd both be busy with school and work. the break up made my choices easier for me he was the only thing keeping me up there.

He just gotten out of a 5 year relationship. I don't think he was really over her. He wanted to figure out his life what he was going to do. He told me I deserved better because he was distancing himself from his family, friends and me. I told him that he can't tell me what I do and don't deserve I will determine that for myself.

• I know I've been in one before but it was always me having to do all the traveling. It can take a toll. I wouldn't mind being long distance I'm great at staying connected and always being able to communicate even when I'm working or busy. I just wish he would let me decide whether or not I'm willing to be put up with it. Since he can't be a relationship I would still like to be there for him when he needs to talk or be able to help get out of his funk.. I don't know his friends at all. I was supposed to be meeting one a few weeks ago but that was when everything sort of went down hill. I have a weird urge to contact him. I'm not sure if it's smart to do. I'll either continue having this urge to contact him or I'll contact him and then constantly be staring at my phone waiting for a reply. I wouldn't even know what to say to him. I'd ask how his holiday went but he doesn't celebrate Christmas or anything really.

• Then you have to force him and know his problem. and you have to solve his problem. The only way

• No harm initiating a communication.

What Girls Said 1

• Nah, I feel the genuine gesture is something you should do.