Should I break up with boyfriend who is friends with his ex?

Ok so my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years now. From the beginning he told me he keeps in contact with his ex. And he said they usually text about only a couple of times a month. So I was fine with it at first. As the relationship went on he would hide his phone and act suspicious with his phone. So that made me uncomfortable with him talking to his ex. I told him about it and he ended up being more open with his phone in terms of not hiding it or being suspicious. During the summer he started acting suspicious again and I went through his phone and found he was "emotionally cheating" only online with different women (sending nudes flirting). Haven't seen anything suspicious with ex on his phone. As time went on i forgave him for the incident. He still talks to his ex and doesn't hide his phone. But on Christmas what set me off was my family and his family met up for Christmas and hung out. He was texting her and playing his game during the family gathering. And tried texting her during the dinner we were all having. I was so mad that I don't want to him to be friends with her at all. They used to be engaged for 4 years broke up a long time ago and chose to remain friends. He even told me that if I can't handle them being friends then we wouldn't work. And now that I'm telling him that this is too uncomfortable for me he tells me I don't love him and guilt trips me.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• yes you should.. he is being inappropriate. Exes are past history... they should have no contact with them.

Most Helpful Girl

• What the fuck?

Lmao you're either blind or just pretending to be stupid. You know damn well what's going on. I say dump him.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• He obviously still has feelings for her. I couldn't be bothered to be in a complicated relationship. He's still hung up on his ex. Don't play the role of a fool any longer.

• Ummmm yeah I would break up with him. Like asap. Sorry but he definitely has other feelings... and I know it's hard to come to terms with and you could easily turn a blind eye because you love him, but he's not fully committed to you..